Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 6.5C Build finally Complete

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Very very cool build. Get you a nice scope and bipod and it should be pretty darn close to ideal. Glad to hear it functions well.

Keep us posted on your load development.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    Nice build! How do the WC receivers fit together? Any slop, or are they pretty tight?
    The fit together really well, hardly any slop at all.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

6.5C Build finally Complete

Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Very very cool build. Get you a nice scope and bipod and it should be pretty darn close to ideal. Glad to hear it functions well.

Keep us posted on your load development.

PB
    I pulled that shitty Diamondback off and put on a Burris RT6 which is one of my favorite reasonably priced LPVO’s.

Much better with a good set of eyes.

Sight in day with the DiamondBack still on

Last edited by HKGuns; 07-03-22 at 07:06.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    We need to run it out on the Ranch to certify it. You can bring it out, or ship it to us.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    HK, how has that gun been shooting?

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

PB
    I need to roll some more 6.5 rounds PB, so haven’t taken her out to dance since.

Last range trip was the completed 80%/Colt and AUG.

Working on my second 80% Lower now and will probably roll some more rounds as my next project. I just checked the powder stash and I have 4 pounds of H4350 and bullets in stock.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have the 16" intermediate gas "Recon" barrel from wilson and mine is also a shooter. Was not reliable in the beginning, but once I got one mag through the gun it "broke in". I still think I want to polish the chamber up a little after looking at my brass even though the gun has 140 rounds under it at this point. The brass is coming out with some light gouges in the neck and shoulder. One thing I notices about the wilson chamber is that it prefers jump to jamming.

Hey MarkM, once I work up my new 108 Lapua load it would be cool to come test it out at the ranch when it cools down a little. I still have to start load development, but it should be the OP creed moor load if it works out like it think it will.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Come on out Big Fella. Your welcome to stretch out the legs on that blaster. Remind me, are you down towards Tucson?

PB

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by turnburglar View Post
    I have the 16" intermediate gas "Recon" barrel from wilson and mine is also a shooter. Was not reliable in the beginning, but once I got one mag through the gun it "broke in". I still think I want to polish the chamber up a little after looking at my brass even though the gun has 140 rounds under it at this point. The brass is coming out with some light gouges in the neck and shoulder. One thing I notices about the wilson chamber is that it prefers jump to jamming.
    Have you had a chance to measure the gas port on your barrel? WC says it measures .076, but that seems a little small for this particular round. Also, what bolt are you running with it?
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

PB
    I rolled some additional 6.5 rounds.

She's a laser at 100 with 123g ELDM, which is the target shown in this video. Still need to work on the load for 147g ELDM as the results were acceptable, not stellar.

https://vimeo.com/user135699377/six-fivecreedmoor
    Last edited by HKGuns; 09-10-22 at 09:36.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast