Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LWRC M6 - expected accuracy?

Feedback Score

LWRC M6 - expected accuracy?

Hi, I am not really happy with the accuracy my new Lwrc spr, below is the best I could do and it is about 2 moa/100 yards with norma 62gr ammo. Should I try heavier rounds? I could do better with DI/Daniel for sure. Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mbjku; 06-01-22 at 12:55.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Paging MarkM.....

Feedback Score
    Different guns like different ammo. If you're talking about Norma SS109, I wouldn't be happy, but I wouldn't be concerned either, given that it's not match grade ammo.

inb4 our resident LWRC basher starts foaming at the mouth.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    Yes it is 5.56 ss109, the only thing is that I shot with Eotech with 3x magnifier which is normally not ideal for the accuracy testing. But I am kinda upset for $2400 AR it is not what I should be getting.
    Last edited by mbjku; 06-01-22 at 13:08.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mbjku View Post
    Yes it is 5.56 ss109, the only thing is that I shot with Eotech with 3x magnifier which is normally not ideal for accuracy testing. But I kinda upset for $2400 AR it is not what I should be getting.
    I mean, it's SS109. 2 MOA is nothing to cry about; if anything, it's perfectly normal for SS109/M855. If you haven't tried match ammo, then I dunno what you're bitching about. Get back to use once you've tried a few different match ammos; accuracy testing with SS109/M855 isn't exactly what I'd consider productive.
    Last edited by Defaultmp3; 06-01-22 at 14:12.

Feedback Score
    I am not, just interesting on what people are getting with the same lwrc, also will try another ammo with the scope instead of Eotech next time. That is best out of 200 rounds I shot, any other plates are worse.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Yes it is 5.56 ss109, the only thing is that I shot with Eotech with 3x magnifier which is normally not ideal for the accuracy testing. But I am kinda upset for $2400 AR it is not what I should be getting.
    That ammo sucks, no matter what you shoot it out of. 2 minutes isn’t bad for it. Its not the gun’s fault.

I would suggest you try high quality ammo loaded with 69gr SMKs next, such as Gold Medal Match or something from Black Hills. Most guns that are capable of shooting well will shoot that stuff well. Some guns may have other preferences, of course.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    I am suspecting that this norma is not that perfect in general, I notice that even their 9mm ammo is not that great. I never shot 5.56 norma before, strange because it is considered as a good ammo company.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    That Norma is FAR from perfect...not even match ammo. Expecting better than 2 MOA with it isn't reasonable.

Try some 69 and 77 grain FGGM, Black Hills Match, or Hornady BTHP Match I think Norma makes 223 or 5.56 match ammo. I know they do in 6.5 Creedmoor and 308.

Feedback Score
    I am suspecting that this norma is not that perfect in general, I notice that even their 9mm ammo is not that great. I never shot 5.56 norma before, strange because it is considered as a good ammo company.
    Norma is a good ammo company. But you bought SS109. SS109 is simply not designed for accuracy, so I don't know what you expected. It would be like buying a 4runner and expecting 30 MPG because Toyota is considered a quality manufacturer and has a tendency to turn out cars with excellent gas mileage.

The pics are dead, but Molon did some testing back in the day of IMI M855. Colt 20" with 1/7 twist had a group size of 1.17" with his 55 gr BlitzKings handloads, and averaged 2.38" with the M855. Colt 16" with 1/9 twist had a group size of 0.89" with his 55 gr BlitzKings handloads, and averaged 2.29" with the M855. Source: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...-Twist-Barrels

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast