Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LWRC M6 - expected accuracy?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dmd08 View Post
    Paging MarkM.....
    I'm not saying a word. I don't want the OP to realize he's supporting a horrible, fraudulent and shady scumbag company that makes really, really bad guns.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I'm not saying a word. I don't want the OP to realize he's supporting a horrible, fraudulent and shady scumbag company that makes really, really bad guns.
    I don't know whole history of LWRC but I know many much worse AR15 makers, I don't see issues with it besides looks like not Daniel quality barrels to me. Why? Because I do 1 moa with Daniel and 62gr federal 5.56. But I will try better ammo. I own many of them, this is my third LWRC, shorter piston pistol and DI which I sold all been good or excellent. Besides piston system is great, very compatible to HK.
    Last edited by mbjku; 06-01-22 at 16:16.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mbjku View Post
    Hi, I am not really happy with the accuracy my new Lwrc spr, below is the best I could do and it is about 2 moa/100 yards with norma 62gr ammo. Should I try heavier rounds? I could do better with DI/Daniel for sure. Thanks!
    I’d sure try more than 1 factory load before I kicked that one to the curb.
    77 gr OTM would make sense to try.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I have an M6 upper that has some of the worst tolerances of any AR I have.

I can tell for sure the upper receiver is far enough out of spec it should not have been used on such an expensive upper. But they did. You have to almost max out the windage on the rear site.

It also shaved brass and failed to feed 75gr bthp reliably.

Other issues were terrible carrier tilt and it absolutely tore through op rod springs.

It went back to lwrci and they said the ‘replaced the receiver because of a scratch’ there was never a scratch. That was never a complaint and the 100% did not change the upper receiver.

This was the worst AR product I ever wasted so much money on.

Op, if you shoot the same ammo out of another ar better, then it’s the gun. I obviously think LWRC will happily send garbage out the door. That might be what you got.

Feedback Score
    really we are not here to bash LWRC, as I said I know many much worse AR makers than this company. I could give you just couple like POF, Sig or PSA for example. reason of this thread is to compare shots results with other AR owners on some mill-spec 62gr ammo shots and 1/7 twist barrel.
    Last edited by mbjku; 06-01-22 at 17:38.

Feedback Score
    It's a defensive rifle, not a bolt gun.
    Buy 6 they will all shoot different.

Feedback Score
    Had my LWRC DI gun at the range last week for the first time. ADI 55gr using SMK projectiles was MOA or less using a Credo 1-6 at 100 yards. Piston to DI, apples to oranges, I get it. Same gun with junk American Eagle 55 grain bullets was 2 inches at best. Funny, I put some Wolf through it too just to see and it was slightly better than the AE. None of this upset me because its a defensive rifle. Those are all A Zone hits at 100 yards. Ammo matters and some guns just like some rounds better than others. And the build quality on the example I have is great. YMMV.

Feedback Score
    I’m with the rest of those suggesting you try better ammo with a good scope.

Black Hills, Federal Gold Medal Match, Hornady Varmegeddon, IMI Razor have all grouped very well for me. Try some premium ammo, with a premium scope and see what happens.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SBRSarge View Post
    I’m with the rest of those suggesting you try better ammo with a good scope.

Black Hills, Federal Gold Medal Match, Hornady Varmegeddon, IMI Razor have all grouped very well for me. Try some premium ammo, with a premium scope and see what happens.

Do you think usage of 2moa Eotec + 3x in general should not produce good results?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mbjku View Post
    Do you think usage of 2moa Eotec + 3x in general should not produce good results?
    It won't produce as good a result as an LPVO with a better reticle and more magnification if what you are going for is small group sizes at 100 yards. If you are shooting steel or looking for minute of man (ie combat) capabilities it's perfectly fine and a very nice setup.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast