Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FN's new HiPer

Feedback Score

FN's new HiPer

Kinda reminds me of a Walther PDP:

"FN Herstal is announcing a brand-new 9x19mm handgun called FN HiPer. The new handgun is mainly dedicated to armed forces and law enforcement. The pistol has been designed and developed in Belgium, where it will also be manufactured."

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...w-enforcement/

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Looks ugly, but better than the first gen APX. I like that it's OR, but I think the slide cut could've been pulled back a bit to get further away from the breach. Looks like the SRO will be a no go. Are they planning to phase out the FNX if this takes off, I wonder.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgex2 View Post
    Looks ugly, but better than the first gen APX. I like that it's OR, but I think the slide cut could've been pulled back a bit to get further away from the breach. Looks like the SRO will be a no go. Are they planning to phase out the FNX if this takes off, I wonder.
    It wouldn't make sense to replace a DA/SA with another striker in your lineup- especially if it competes with another line of strikers (509).

IMO this thing is not destined for the US market. It has too many features that the American market would see as odd, and therefore not as good as what they're accustomed to. The most obvious two are the magazine release lever and the position of the slide release where we would normally expect to find a safety.
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    It looks like a Taurus TX-22 tbh

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Then what's the point? Another contract gun that they'll sell 500 of and put on a couple of magazine covers, only to be completely forgotten about in two years.

Feedback Score
    Then what's the point? Another contract gun that they'll sell 500 of and put on a couple of magazine covers, only to be completely forgotten about in two years.
    I think it's a contract gun for the European market, where there's far less cultural inertia around ergonomics. No more no less.
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Then, in a few years we'll see it on Forgotten Weapons as the pistol that could've/should've been the next best thing.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Then, in a few years we'll see it on Forgotten Weapons as the pistol that could've/should've been the next best thing.
    In Range mud test !

Feedback Score
    Why can't these companies come up with better names? I remember the Beretta "90Two" and Walther "Creed". Both were flops.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Wow. People are still trying to defeat the Glock 19?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast