Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Which revolver for EDC

Feedback Score

Which revolver for EDC

If Joe Biden and the liberals were to get their way and ban "assault weapons" (semi-autos). What would be your revolver carry?

I would love to have a 4" model 19, but only have a model 10 and 64, stupidly got rid of a 66 in about 1989.

Was issued the 64 in 1989 so at least I have had formal training on how to speed reload and taught how to combat shoot with it.

My model 10 was bought from my department when they were getting rid of old issued duty revolvers and picked it up for a whopping $27.00.

I kind of like it better than the 64 but it shoots a bit to the right for me, the 64 is dead on.

I really don't think and hope this attempt at gun control is either just talk or can not get passed.

Just curious of you revolver guys what your choices would be.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    1753.jpg

I like my Wiley Clapp gp100 although it's not for warm weather carry, but with a jacket OWB is great.

Feedback Score
    S&W 640 Pro

Wiley Clapp SP 101

Would be my first two picks.
    Religion is doing what you are told no matter what is right. Morality is doing what is right no matter what you are told...

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Taurus 327 in .327 Fed Mag, Gold Dot 100gr. Six rounds of hate in a pocket pistol.

Scout Rider for the Mongol Hordes

Feedback Score
    OP, what length are your 10 and 64? Guessing 4 inchers being issue guns (?). Seeing as there ain't much difference other than steel vs stainless I'd pack the one that shoots best for you.

When I feel inclined to carry a wheel gun I sport my .357 SP101. It's a standard model 3 inch with Hogue grips, and I carry a few "speed strips" with it cause they are nicer in the pocket than a speed loader.

Part of me would like to go snubbie, but the extra inch of barrel doesn't matter much carry-wise and I get a little more velocity out of it. Should be enough for reliable expansion but I haven't personally shot gel to confirm. The 101 spends most of it's time wedged between the seats of my truck. Sort of an "always there" option unless I'm on a federal property that doesn't allow it.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    Yes they are 4" with Hogue rubber grips and HKS speed loaders.

No difference just prefer the look of blue and it has a little smoother trigger.
    Last edited by sierra 223; 06-04-22 at 16:19.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Mod 12 S&W; 2” “K”, alloy frame, .38 Special.
    Much easier for me to shoot than “J” frame, not much heavier, 6 rds.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I’ve always been partial to the S&W K-frames. Not too large to carry, can practice with .38 loads all day long yet can handle .357 whenever needed. My wife’s model 65 Ladysmith with 3 inch heavy barrel seems to be just the right size carry revolver.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by utahjeepr View Post
    OP, what length are your 10 and 64? Guessing 4 inchers being issue guns (?). Seeing as there ain't much difference other than steel vs stainless I'd pack the one that shoots best for you.

When I feel inclined to carry a wheel gun I sport my .357 SP101. It's a standard model 3 inch with Hogue grips, and I carry a few "speed strips" with it cause they are nicer in the pocket than a speed loader.

Part of me would like to go snubbie, but the extra inch of barrel doesn't matter much carry-wise and I get a little more velocity out of it. Should be enough for reliable expansion but I haven't personally shot gel to confirm. The 101 spends most of it's time wedged between the seats of my truck. Sort of an "always there" option unless I'm on a federal property that doesn't allow it.
    I have the shorter SP101 and IMHO you chose wisely with the 3" version. I would carry my 2.25" SP101 if revolvers were the only option.

Andy

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I carried a bobbed, chamfered 3" SP101 for years. Had the excellent, long gone Trausch grips. Carried Speed Strips or Speedloaders loaded with 125gr .357 gold Dots.
    Heavy gun that shot great and I shot it well.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast