Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Which revolver for EDC

Feedback Score
    I would start with the 3” Colt King Cobra I inherited from my late father. It only needs to have the hammer bobbed, a tritium night sight is already up front.

After carrying it for awhile I would then add more revolvers in various sizes based on my experience with the 3” bbl.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I'd go back to what I carried in the early 1990's. A S&W 4" 625 in .45 ACP and an Centennial. Then it was a 38, followed by a 940, and now a 340PD. For something in between I'd look hard at a "K" frame or maybe one of the Kimbers, or my 1974 nickle Detective Special.
    "The peace we have within us is most often expressed in how we treat others"

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I use to pack a 686+ 3", I guess I'd do it again. Current the only wheel-gun I EDC is a 442 with laser grips as a BUG to G19.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My EDC is a Smith 442 Pro with CTC grips. Used to have some excellent 3" HB, RB k frames 13/64/65s. Just got a new to me carry gun Smith 1911PD ie Lightweight Commander. No issues carrying my Smith 58 either.

CD
    De Oppresso Liber

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Combat_Diver View Post
    No issues carrying my Smith 58 either.
    I love the 58, Model 10 M&P on major steroids, just a brute.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Same thing I carry now—two 442’s, two speedloaders, and one speed strip.

There was an article Ayoob wrote back in the 90’s that if the politicians have their way we may all be limited to revolvers. He said it would be wise to expand one’s skill set if not familiar with revolvers. I thought that good advice and got me one never expecting to like them as much as I did. Revolvers have been my primary handguns ever since.

Feedback Score
    I grew up on revolvers, and don’t feel “under armed” with one at all as a civilian for the past 18 years. A .357 Magnum DA revolver with a good trigger and good sights can get a lot of work done, and do it at ranges that are alarming if the shooter is up to the task. A lot to be said for an accurate handgun spitting out pills at 1300+ fps that shoot pretty flat.

I carry mostly semi-autos but if I travel to or around areas where semi-autos are frowned upon a .357 wheelgun will get the nod.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MSH72 View Post
    Same thing I carry now—two 442’s, two speedloaders, and one speed strip.

There was an article Ayoob wrote back in the 90’s that if the politicians have their way we may all be limited to revolvers. He said it would be wise to expand one’s skill set if not familiar with revolvers. I thought that good advice and got me one never expecting to like them as much as I did. Revolvers have been my primary handguns ever since.
    Yeah if that day came to pass id be CCWing something like this right here.

https://www.smith-wesson.com/product/model-69
    Last edited by tn1911; 06-11-22 at 20:43.
    Religion is doing what you are told no matter what is right. Morality is doing what is right no matter what you are told...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tn1911 View Post
    Yeah if that day came to pass id be CCWing something like this right here.

https://www.smith-wesson.com/product/model-69
    Sweet! What load would you use?
    Just wish Smith would drop the lock.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MSH72 View Post
    Sweet! What load would you use?
    Just wish Smith would drop the lock.
    It's nice to see a few become available without the lock. I just put in an order yesterday for a 442 Pro / no lock / cut for moon clips and performance shot trigger job. I ditched all of my Hillary hole guns in favor of Ruger LCR's and SP101. But man I missed my J-frame but vowed I'd never buy another with a lock.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast