Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Which revolver for EDC

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Univibe View Post
    The best revolver for EDC is a Glock 19.

But if you must carry a revolver, carry three of them for New York reloads. I'm quite serious. A revolver will run dry in 3 seconds and you're out of the fight; there ain't no reloading in a short range shootout.

Life is precious.
    Maybe, but I can't shoot my G19 thru a pocket or most likely contact shots, at least not after the first one. Sometimes even G43 can be a bit too big, a small wheelgun just kind of disappears in a pocket. At least my sub 12oz 340PD does.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    No love for the Ruger LCR?
    The only time I carry it (LCR 357) is when fishing, but it has served me well.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Univibe View Post
    The best revolver for EDC is a Glock 19.

But if you must carry a revolver, carry three of them for New York reloads. I'm quite serious. A revolver will run dry in 3 seconds and you're out of the fight; there ain't no reloading in a short range shootout.

Life is precious.
    While all this may be true enough it has nothing to do with the opening post.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I have one that I bought when I sold my Hillary Hole smiths. I missed having a snub so I got a great price on a .38 special LCR with the gold cylinder. Then scored one in .22 to practice with. If someone wanted an easy choice I think the LCR is great. Good trigger, better sights and a fantastic grip. I don't like that as long as it's been out there's still not a great aftermarket. I've been waiting for VZ to come out with a grip since I bought it. They finally got the SP101, so I didn't think it would be too far down the road. For me personally I think the J-frames just are a bit easier to hide and I like the shape a little better. With that in mind I don't ever feel undergunned with the LCR. Mine is a designated for a specific emergency spot. Load it and a couple speed loaders and you can leave it alone for a long while.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Hard to beat the 642-1 for those "shoot through your pocket" events.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Got it. Now back on topic.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    New model Colt King Cobra 3 inch for me.

Like my LCR .327 but I'm trying not to carry it. I like it alot but now that I reload I'm finding .38 Special from a steel gun has a wider range of capabilities with less recoil than a lightweight. 327. Plus, with its steel frame, smoother trigger, and longer sight radius I shoot the Colt better.
    Last edited by Ron3; 08-12-22 at 12:09.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

When I first applied and obtained my CPL I knew I was going to conceal carry a Model 38 S&W. I think my choice started with the iconic 1968 Eddie Adams Saigon photo during Vietnam. It is light, has a shrouded hammer, still can be shot single or double action… plus I was able to shoot it well. I bought this (shipped: Oct. 1972) M38 in 1973 and have carried it for 45+ years.
    The ‘inexpensive’ knife is very useful, but if lost or stolen would not cause regret/heartburn VS a $400+ Microtech.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Adams said later that Gen. Loan killed the VC, but he (Eddie) killed the general with his camera. He regretted taking the picture.

I bought the same gun in honor of Gen. Loan.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Adams said later that Gen. Loan killed the VC, but he (Eddie) killed the general with his camera. He regretted taking the picture.

I bought the same gun in honor of Gen. Loan.
    Was just looking at that picture a couple days ago.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast