Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 53gr Superformance out of 12.5” 1/8 ?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The stability should be no issue, but like MARKM said accuracy blows out of all the superformance I have tried. The superformance has problems with shorter gas systems, it's been a while but the burn rate of the powder should only be used with RLGS from what I remember. All the Vmax loads are usually great, if you reload there's a few more options.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jstone View Post
    The stability should be no issue, but like MARKM said accuracy blows out of all the superformance I have tried. The superformance has problems with shorter gas systems, it's been a while but the burn rate of the powder should only be used with RLGS from what I remember. All the Vmax loads are usually great, if you reload there's a few more options.
    Yea, I'd try the Vmax cartridges, they shoot very accurate and should be flat. Like Mark said the Super dog shit was just that. YMMV

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    24.8gr XTerminator
    69gr SMK
    CCI450
    LC Brass
    2.260” COAL

2635 FPS out of a 12.5”. The drop is to within 1” the exact same as the .223 Speer 64gr GDHP at 300y. Thought it would fly much flatter.

I am shooting nice 0.89” 5 shot groups at 100y with it though. So that’s nice.

Should I try the 55gr VMAX?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Vmax has been great when Mark loaded them. I would def give them a try.

PB

Feedback Score
    I shoot an 11.5" SBR with 55 V-max @ 2800 ft/secs. This load has accounted for many desert coyotes. What I found was how close it matched the reticle in my TAO1NSN ACOG if I substitute yards for meters! Never more than 1" off the POA vs POI.
    Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain
    Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/mark_twain_386139

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    The flattest shooting round in 5.56 is Black Hills 69 gr 5.56 TMK. FREAKINSHLY flat shooting with a long reach.
    Not to hijack the thread but have you chronographed this load?
    Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 308sako View Post
    We chromo's some loads and they are in my Phone, being a dumbass I didn't note the 69 vs 77 loads. However I had 2827fps and 2843fps on another load. I think that was via 20 inch bolt gun.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    The flattest shooting round in 5.56 is Black Hills 69 gr 5.56 TMK. FREAKINSHLY flat shooting with a long reach.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    We chromo's some loads and they are in my Phone, being a dumbass I didn't note the 69 vs 77 loads. However I had 2827fps and 2843fps on another load. I think that was via 20 inch bolt gun.

PB
    Thank you

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 308sako View Post
    I don't think we ever chrono'd the BH 69gr TMK 556 load.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12