Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LEO Exodus

Feedback Score

LEO Exodus

Seattle Police crisis worsens, on track to lose nearly 200 cops this year

https://mynorthwest.com/3501228/rant...is-exodus-200/

Chicago police ‘brain drain’? Retirements have stabilized, but 660 cops retired in 2021, almost twice as many as in 2018

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...zoy-story.html

San Francisco police chief explains what's driving dire staffing issues; nearly 600 officers short

https://abc7news.com/sfpd-staffing-s...area/11746659/
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I know there are LEO’s on here and defer to their experience, but I have a hard time understanding why anyone would remain in law enforcement.

- Horrible hours
    - Low pay
    - Risk of Life
    - Constantly dealing with the worst
    - Zero support from Politicians
    - Ostracized constantly by FakeNews

That all adds up to the inmates running the asylum.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Does anyone else think this may be part of a plan?

Force the "old guard" who actually would defend the constitution out, and bring in Bidenjugend who will blindly follow orders?

Should I take the aluminum foil off my head?
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post

Force the "old guard" who actually would defend the constitution out, and bring in Bidenjugend who will blindly follow orders?
    Most likely you're correct in your suspicions.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Our local agencies have seen some cops come in from other, bigger agencies; however, local cops are also leaving the job.

Feedback Score
    Used to be for every spot available you'd have 50 people apply if not more, then employers decided to up the standards to degrees. Then recession hits in 2008 and unions voted away their pensions for new hires so they could still get pay raises at negotiation time.

So now even for people choosing to stay in the field, they bounce from Department to department for a couple years before finding the one with a combination of good scheduling and benefits.

So even larger departments that pay well aren't even getting applicants because who wants to work for a place you aren't allowed to do traffic stops. There are a lot like that. A lot of admin are super liberal and disguise it as "looking out for the interests of our people, everyone goes home, blah blah blah." Agencies are cutting special units, including the state police, just to field enough uniforms to cover the road. And that's at minimum staffing.

Plus the prosecutors are not your friend. Most guys refuse to make a statement following a shooting, except what is required by Garrity.

I don't think it's some grand conspiracy, I think you have a bunch of men and women in admin positions who believed their college professors wishful thinking model. People who haven't answered a call for service in 10 years are making decisions on everything from policy to equipment to tactics to the line workers. I don't think these people are willfully commies, much like our politicians, they are a byproduct of commie teachings and normalization over the last 50 years. And now they're in charge and don't even know why they institute these policies other than someone once told them it would be racist not to.

So the candidates getting into this job are basically do gooders or knuckle drafters. And because no one could get into this field for almost 10 years, you have departments filled with young bulls and old bulls who are so old they can't teach this new generation. There are very few guys with 15 years on who can be in teaching positions. They found better jobs and drove on with their lives. Generation gaps are real and both sides are equal to blame.

So as much as the external factors play a role, I am finding that the internal struggles are just as bad, if not worse.
    Last edited by Budget; 06-06-22 at 09:17.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    They're trying to crucify some Tempe PD officers because some fat slob jumped in Tempe Town Lake and tried to swim away from the cops. They told him to swim to an object when he began to struggle. But Fatso drowned. The media is implying that the cops should have jumped in to attempt to save lard ass. EFF THAT! They didn't put fatty in the water.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    They're trying to crucify some Tempe PD officers because some fat slob jumped in Tempe Town Lake and tried to swim away from the cops. They told him to swim to an object when he began to struggle. But Fatso drowned. The media is implying that the cops should have jumped in to attempt to save lard ass. EFF THAT! They didn't put fatty in the water.

We qualified for a lot of stuff during my time in the academy, I must of been absent the day we qualed as life guards…
    Religion is doing what you are told no matter what is right. Morality is doing what is right no matter what you are told...

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post

99% sure of it being the plan.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    Seattle Police crisis worsens, on track to lose nearly 200 cops this year

https://mynorthwest.com/3501228/rant...is-exodus-200/

Chicago police ‘brain drain’? Retirements have stabilized, but 660 cops retired in 2021, almost twice as many as in 2018

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...zoy-story.html

San Francisco police chief explains what's driving dire staffing issues; nearly 600 officers short

https://abc7news.com/sfpd-staffing-s...area/11746659/
    Big D Brown from the big D, gots this in Chicago.

ETA Sarcasm
    Last edited by gsd2053; 06-06-22 at 11:10.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast