Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 109

Thread: LEO Exodus

  1. #91
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    5,274
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by gunrunner505 View Post
    I’ve said for years this is a concentrated effort by the left to make the job of policing so unsavory to the typical person that would enter that field so they can have a national force of simpleminded Brownshirt thugs who will arrest/beat/crush whoever their told without question. The rights of the little people are so inconvenient, we just need to ignore them.

    I’ll see myself out.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If that was ever the case then anti 2A initiatives would have withered and died when they started sprouting.

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    CONUS
    Posts
    5,754
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Agencies in Illinois that pay really well are having a difficult time attracting good candidates to be police officers. Other states, such as Texas, Oklahoma and Florida, are recruiting heavily in Illinois and drawing the best qualified people out of state.
    Train 2 Win

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    The Sticks, TN
    Posts
    3,454
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    Agencies in Illinois that pay really well are having a difficult time attracting good candidates to be police officers. Other states, such as Texas, Oklahoma and Florida, are recruiting heavily in Illinois and drawing the best qualified people out of state.
    My old PD here in TN has hired several from CA, OR and WA.
    Philippians 2:10-11

    To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,618
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG View Post
    So first I suspect you were in an A list unit and not Oliver Stones "flunky crew" so that draftees you encountered probably were very qualified.

    As to the sad history of indochina, the French actually released Japanese prisoners from jails in order to reassert control after the war. When we strongly suggested to France that they follow Englands example of colonial reform, Charles DeGaulle actually threatened to allow France to fall within the Soviet sphere in influence in we didn't support Frances efforts to retain their colonies.

    And if you think we treated our vets like crap, after Dien Bin Phu, when French troop ships returned with the injured and dying, DeGaulle refused to let any of them disembark because it might create the impression that France had lost the war, this was of course directly after France had lost the war. They revere him as a hero because he stood up to the west, but DeGaulle was as useful as syphilis to France politically. Everyone was as disposable to him as they were to Stalin.

    Ho Chi Mihn actually imagined his post WWI government to be a near copy of the US constitution. It was only after we blew him off the first time and then sided with his enemies the second time, that he fully embraced communism as a means of freeing Indochina.
    Well, I ran into more than my share of dirtbags in the 38th ADA Bde. in Ď73-74. When I first arrived at a battery out in the middle of nowhere, troops would smoke dope in public (near the quonset hut barracks). Even though MPís were physical security (gate guards & sentry dog handlers) I refused to put up with the dopers. As a matter of fact, the very first thing I did was escort a dirtbag to get him ready to go to the stockade and this was when I climbed off the back of a duece-and-a-half when I arrived (a very angry SSG threw a baton to me and told me to escort that prisoner). I was assigned a bunk in the same barracks as those @$$holes and among other things they burned my bunk and squirted a fire extinguisher through the louvers of my wall locker so I had to have all my uniforms cleaned. The only benefit was I learned to be a light sleeper, which I am to this day.

    I donít know if those idiots were draftees but the Army was a pretty bad place to be in those days. I extended so I could transfer to the 728th MP Bn. and the change was like night and day. I served with some of the finest men Iíve ever met. It was truly the best job Iíve ever had and I wish I would have stayed there (rather than rotating back to CONUS). When the LTC tried to coerce me into re-upping at Bragg, all I had to do was think back to that first assignment and I knew Iíd NEVER want to go through that again...

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Deep South Texas
    Posts
    3,274
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thought this was fitting...Army Drops Requirement for High School Diploma Amid Recruiting Crisis

    https://www.military.com/daily-news/...ng-crisis.html
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941




    "A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    1,428
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Artos View Post
    Thought this was fitting...Army Drops Requirement for High School Diploma Amid Recruiting Crisis

    https://www.military.com/daily-news/...ng-crisis.html
    I read that.

    What blew my mind was not the fact that they will take you without a HS diploma (other services like the Navy have done that before so nothing new there) but that they would take you even if you scored bottom of the barrel low on the ASVAB test.

    That ASVAB test is not like the BS test that they give idiots wanting a GED. If you are breathing and can fog glass - You can pass most states GED test with flying colors. That is NOT SO with the ASVAB test. If you are an idiot and take the ASVAB - Your stupidity will show in the test results.

    A few years back a young fella I met at work was telling how he just passed his test and got his GED. That idiot could NOT read simple english. No joke... But he was still able to somehow get a GED.


    I do not think it is a good idea to be accepting anyone in the armed forces if they can't make a passing grade on the ASVAB. Scoring a damn 50 is NOT what I would call 'passing'. People that stupid can't be 'fixed' in my opinion.

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    New World Disorder
    Posts
    2,183
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    I read that.

    What blew my mind was not the fact that they will take you without a HS diploma (other services like the Navy have done that before so nothing new there) but that they would take you even if you scored bottom of the barrel low on the ASVAB test.

    That ASVAB test is not like the BS test that they give idiots wanting a GED. If you are breathing and can fog glass - You can pass most states GED test with flying colors. That is NOT SO with the ASVAB test. If you are an idiot and take the ASVAB - Your stupidity will show in the test results.

    A few years back a young fella I met at work was telling how he just passed his test and got his GED. That idiot could NOT read simple english. No joke... But he was still able to somehow get a GED.


    I do not think it is a good idea to be accepting anyone in the armed forces if they can't make a passing grade on the ASVAB. Scoring a damn 50 is NOT what I would call 'passing'. People that stupid can't be 'fixed' in my opinion.
    They just want people they can brain wash to follow order.
    America First

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    North Alabama
    Posts
    4,402
    Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    The Army is going to have a hell of a time recruiting right now. Any (pre-rule change) qualified recruit has multiple opportunities with companies trying to hire, and at better pay than the services can muster. Add to that the Afghanistan debacle and vaccine related discharges.

    At the same time, weapons systems are growing more technically complex and training opportunities are reduced by important mandatory classes and extremism investigations.

    The solution seems to be recruiting Soldiers whose test scores and formal education indicate they are differently abled to the extent that existing training methodologies and planning will prove inadequate to transfer knowledge, skills, and aptitudes required to survive on the modern battlefield.

    The untold story is how many recruits receive waivers from the recruiting command for drug, gang, and violence related criminal convictions.

    Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 06-26-22 at 10:51.

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,618
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    I read that.

    What blew my mind was not the fact that they will take you without a HS diploma (other services like the Navy have done that before so nothing new there) but that they would take you even if you scored bottom of the barrel low on the ASVAB test.

    That ASVAB test is not like the BS test that they give idiots wanting a GED. If you are breathing and can fog glass - You can pass most states GED test with flying colors. That is NOT SO with the ASVAB test. If you are an idiot and take the ASVAB - Your stupidity will show in the test results.

    A few years back a young fella I met at work was telling how he just passed his test and got his GED. That idiot could NOT read simple english. No joke... But he was still able to somehow get a GED.


    I do not think it is a good idea to be accepting anyone in the armed forces if they can't make a passing grade on the ASVAB. Scoring a damn 50 is NOT what I would call 'passing'. People that stupid can't be 'fixed' in my opinion.
    I got my GED in AIT in ‘73 and I thought it was a pretty tough series of tests (& my GT Score was 117).

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    North Alabama
    Posts
    4,402
    Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirdWatcher View Post
    I got my GED in AIT in ‘73 and I thought it was a pretty tough series of tests (& my GT Score was 117).
    Honestly, it was a different world then.

    Andy

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •