Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Afraid my AR is poor quality

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

Afraid my AR is poor quality

I think the chrome in the barrel bore might be flaking. Does copper look like chrome under a bore scope? It shoots fine but I don’t think it will hold up to sustained fire. I usually shoot at least a box of ammo per year so the threat is real.

My AR even has a plain, slotted grip screw. How can I trust that over a combo drive screw? I’m thinking a bunch of grips must be falling right off so I’m worried. Hell, the screw may not even be made in America.
    Do you even get down innagrass, bro?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Well payed...

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The chrome flaking off adds free fragmentation in a self defense shoot. As far as the grip screw, you need the proper finish, heat treatment, and mcmaster carr part number. Otherwise... you're going to see repeated grip loss. Happens EVER day in America!
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Flaking chrome provides a 'sled' for the bullet to ride on so that it doesn't engage the rifling of the barrel which has three benefits. One, It doesn't leave tell-tale groves on the bullet so that it can't be traced back to you, and B. it allows the bullet to tumble so that it can cause wounds on scale with 9mm. It was developed by the Mossad, so I won't ask how you got it, but stop talking about it on the interwebs before the guy whose name we won't say, but starts with a 'Y' and ends in an 'I' and is really 'on' it comes to visit you.

By the way, physically block your computer webcam, that is not a sanitary use of that 'bore-scope'...
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    The struggle is real.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Right after my AR being a dumpster fire, I think my underwear are sub-optimal. Chaffing man, chaffing. Should I check them out with a bore scope or just wear them?

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    Right after my AR being a dumpster fire, I think my underwear are sub-optimal. Chaffing man, chaffing. Should I check them out with a bore scope or just wear them?
    All it takes is right lube.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    You sure lube is the right fix, I read on Reddit that baby powder is the right fix. I think we need to crank up a poll thread for this fix.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Canola oil?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    The chrome flaking off adds free fragmentation in a self defense shoot. As far as the grip screw, you need the proper finish, heat treatment, and mcmaster carr part number. Otherwise... you're going to see repeated grip loss. Happens EVER day in America!
    You forgot the required nylok patch on the grip screws. And from what I’m seeing now, the screws need to be batch tested. You might find only one out of ten grip screws is actually in spec. I kid you not.
    Do you even get down innagrass, bro?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast