Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Z-M Weapons LR-300

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I remember drooling over these as a kid.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)
    Yeah they seem to go for a few thousand. I check GunBroker daily, just for curiosity. Watched a couple cool ones sell that way. But they are not cheap at all.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    I remember drooling over these as a kid.
    I should look thru my old gun rag pile and see if I have a cover pic of one of these.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Okay, synopsis on the gas system? It's not a piston per se but not really a DI either, correct?
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Okay, synopsis on the gas system? It's not a piston per se but not really a DI either, correct?
    It's completely DI, or "internal piston" as it's called now. It works exactly like a regular AR, but the gas tube is short and the gas key is long.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    The LR-300 rifle is gas operated, and utilizes modified Stoner-type direct gas impingement system. In this modified system, the gas key is extended forward to form the tube, that protrudes forward from the receiver and into the handguard. The protruding part of the gas key tube is used to host the bolt return spring, which is placed between the front receiver wall and the collar at the front of the gas key tube. The gas tube, which runs rearward from the gas block / front sight base, is strengthened as its rear end floats freely to enter the extended gas key tube when bolt group is in the battery. That way, at least some of the hot gases from inside the gas carrier are expelled outside the receiver and into the inner handguard area, through the extended gas key tube, once it has left the gas tube during the bolt group recoil movement. Additional benefit of this system is that it allows the bolt carrier to be made twice as short compared to the standard AR-15– type bolt carrier. In turn, this results in the fact that there's no need for the recoil buffer tube, which is normally protruding backward from the AR-15-type lower receiver. Because of this feature, most LR-300 rifles are fitted with side-folding shoulder stocks, either skeletonized non-adjustable ones made from metal or polymer ones, adjustable for length of pull. Otherwise the LR-300 is similar to the AR-15-type weapons and has similar trigger / safety arrangements, magazine housing and bolt stop device.

Cool video of exploded assembly...

Z-M Weapons LR-300
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    I think I’m going to stop opening this tread. I keep hoping against all logic that someone will report that ZM is considering starting production again. Disappointed each time.

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by leoAR View Post
    I think I’m going to stop opening this tread. I keep hoping against all logic that someone will report that ZM is considering starting production again. Disappointed each time.
    Maybe if we make enough noise, someone will get the rights back from Allan Zitta (I think that he has them now?)
    YHM would be the likely ones to do it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    The LR-300 rifle is gas operated, and utilizes modified Stoner-type direct gas impingement system. In this modified system, the gas key is extended forward to form the tube, that protrudes forward from the receiver and into the handguard. The protruding part of the gas key tube is used to host the bolt return spring, which is placed between the front receiver wall and the collar at the front of the gas key tube. The gas tube, which runs rearward from the gas block / front sight base, is strengthened as its rear end floats freely to enter the extended gas key tube when bolt group is in the battery. That way, at least some of the hot gases from inside the gas carrier are expelled outside the receiver and into the inner handguard area, through the extended gas key tube, once it has left the gas tube during the bolt group recoil movement. Additional benefit of this system is that it allows the bolt carrier to be made twice as short compared to the standard AR-15– type bolt carrier. In turn, this results in the fact that there's no need for the recoil buffer tube, which is normally protruding backward from the AR-15-type lower receiver. Because of this feature, most LR-300 rifles are fitted with side-folding shoulder stocks, either skeletonized non-adjustable ones made from metal or polymer ones, adjustable for length of pull. Otherwise the LR-300 is similar to the AR-15-type weapons and has similar trigger / safety arrangements, magazine housing and bolt stop device.

Cool video of exploded assembly...

Z-M Weapons LR-300
    Pretty cool, thanks!

I wonder if you had a blocked-off gas tube that ran back to the carrier if it would function? i.e. you'd essentially create a long-stroke piston system, right? All gas would be expelled underneath the handguards.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by masakari View Post
    Maybe if we make enough noise, someone will get the rights back from Allan Zitta (I think that he has them now?)
    YHM would be the likely ones to do it.
    Is there a connection with YHM?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast