Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Thoughts on a Sig Tango MSR 1-10x28??

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Wisco
    Posts
    1,604
    Feedback Score
    0

    Thoughts on a Sig Tango MSR 1-10x28??

    So I met a fellow gun enthusiasts (what I'm calling him) in my area a few years ago after selling an EoTech on armslist to him, hes a self proclaimed AK guy with a few ARs, we've talked a few times since and he sold me 500rds of 9mm ( whinchester 115gr white-box) at a very decent price at the time. He recently reached out with a Sig 1-10x for $450 (Sig Tango MSR 1-10x28) I have a rifle (BCM on Aero Lower) with a cheap 1-6x Primary Arms 5.56/308 reticle scope that i wanted to buy better glass for but am wondering if I'm really going to get anything out of this, I like the guy but feel like he thinks I'm made of money (which I would be except for Joey's gas prices) and I want to know if I'm really gaining anything from buying this.
    If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labeled a radical 60 years ago, a liberal 30 years ago and a racist today. -Thomas Sowell

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    2,054
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Just read some first hand impressions of it. Probably pretty good for the money, is my impression. However, has a very tight eyebox at higher magnification. Overall conclusions from what I read is that it's not an ideal optic and that you'd be better off with a 1-6x.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bora Bora
    Posts
    4,532
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    Just read some first hand impressions of it. Probably pretty good for the money, is my impression. However, has a very tight eyebox at higher magnification. Overall conclusions from what I read is that it's not an ideal optic and that you'd be better off with a 1-6x.
    Concur. I’ve figured out unless you’re willing to spend on higher dollar scopes, 1-6 is as far as you can push an optic and have a useable eyebox.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Wisco
    Posts
    1,604
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    Concur. I’ve figured out unless you’re willing to spend on higher dollar scopes, 1-6 is as far as you can push an optic and have a useable eyebox.
    I have a Vortex razor 1-10x which I like on my 308 as it is a good red dot and a good scope but doesn't necessarily excel at either. I don't mind paying more, but this is an almost relegated safe queen of a rifle and I wanted/ would like something that kept the weight down and I could beat on without feeling too bad about it. I was eyeing the Trijicon Credo 1-8x but it seems heavy and I have other things I want to buy so if there is a cheaper, lighter weight option I would like to see something in that direction.
    If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labeled a radical 60 years ago, a liberal 30 years ago and a racist today. -Thomas Sowell

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Decatur, IN
    Posts
    1,906
    Feedback Score
    89 (97%)
    The eye box on the Sig 1-10 is absolutely terrible past 7 or 8x. I've been curious about the 1-8 Sig. Unfortunately I don't have the money like I used to be able to spend on $2000 optics. I'd like to have the EOTech Vudu 1-8, but even at dealer cost its still around $1000 and they are NO WHERE TO BE FOUND. So I've been eyeballing the Sig 1-8 as a interm option until I can find a Vudu 1-8 or preferable have the coin for the 1-10 Vudu SR5 when its finally instock.

    I may just go with the Sig 1-6 as everything review wise I've seen has been on the 1-6 or 1-8, no one has any reviews on the 1-8 and I'm afraid its gonna have the same shitty eye relief as the 1-10.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Central Kentucky
    Posts
    229
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank6046 View Post
    I have a Vortex razor 1-10x which I like on my 308 as it is a good red dot and a good scope but doesn't necessarily excel at either. I don't mind paying more, but this is an almost relegated safe queen of a rifle and I wanted/ would like something that kept the weight down and I could beat on without feeling too bad about it. I was eyeing the Trijicon Credo 1-8x but it seems heavy and I have other things I want to buy so if there is a cheaper, lighter weight option I would like to see something in that direction.
    I have the predecessor to the Credo, the Accupower 1-8X28. You are right in that it is heavy, but for me that is the only "bad" thing about it. It has an excellent eyebox at all magnifications and downright ridiculous at 1X. I like the reticle and it is sufficiently bright (red) in daylight for my purposes. The glass is excellent, as is the build quality. Were it not for the weight, I would have one of these on every AR I own that carries an LPVO. But it is one heck of a scope, especially for the $.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,951
    Feedback Score
    32 (97%)
    I had a 1-6 and the eyebox was tight at 6x.
    I must study politics and war, that our sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. - John Adams

    The AK guys are all about the reach around. - Garand Thumb.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    4,172
    Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Eyeboxes can get tight on the high end of quality optics.

    Add in Chinesium Cheapies with subpar glass and the tight eyebox will be further crushed by bad light transmission.

    I'm sure in a couple years the tech / glass will have trickled down, but until they for budget glass, 1-6x is were I would stop.

    And with the quality / cost of the Vortex PST II 1-6x, I really don't see a need to recommend anything else. Esp. if you are LE / First Responder / Mil / Retired Mil.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    666
    Feedback Score
    0
    Don’t waste your money, buy a 1-6 with better quality glass. The sig Chinese stuff isn’t worth your money. Buy a Trijicon credo 1-6 SFP with red and you’ll have great glass, light weight and bright illumination. If going 1-10 it needs to be FFP, that drastic of a range will be funky with your holds.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •