Thread: Optic Selection for 12.5

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

Optic Selection for 12.5

The build I am currently working on is a 12.5 suppressed SOLGW carbine length gas system barreled gun. My idea going into this build was building the compact “Jack of all trades master of none” carbine. This gun will have a Silencerco Saker 556K can on it the majority of the time. I wanted a build capable of 400-500 yards but still be handy and light enough to be quick for shooting up close. The thing I keep flip flopping on is I cannot make up my mind on what optic setup. I wanted this gun to be able to engage out to 400-500 AND I wanted to be able to have a dot to shoot up close with as well as passively through NVGS. Originally I was thinking an LPVO (I already have a lot of experience with these so I’m aware of the versatility that they give) with an offset dot on the 45. The LPVO I was looking at was the Trijicon Creedo 1-8 and then throwing an Aimpoint T-2 on the offset 45. The only drawback to this setup that I keep thinking about is that a 12.5 with a K can, an LPVO, and an offset T-2 is gonna start to add up in weight. That’s what made me start thinking of other options such as an ACOG with a dot (I don’t know if I would do an RMR on the top of the ACOG or just throw a dot on the 45), or just an Aimpoint T-2 on a Unity Fast mount with a 3x magnifier behind it. Like I said I have a lot of time behind LPVOs and I’m aware of how much versatility they have but I didn’t want to start over building the gun to be too heavy. That being said I feel like I can handle the weight, but if another setup is just gonna be more efficient I am open to new ideas. Again I wanted a dot on the gun too for both rapid up close shooting as well as passive NVG use. I have also been concerned about how well an ACOG reticle would match up ballistically to a suppressed 12.5 shooting XM193 as it’s main diet. Thoughts and ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by a1madrid; 06-10-22 at 14:37.