2 (100%)
    I have NF NX8 1-8 and Vortrx 1-10 in both of my 12.5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score

Optic Selection for 12.5

Quote Originally Posted by kukworld View Post
    I have NF NX8 1-8 and Vortrx 1-10 in both of my 12.5

How far out would you say you feel automatic with both of those setups? How well does the BDC on the Razor 1-10 match the 12.5? And are you running an offset dot?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by a1madrid View Post
    How far out would you say you feel automatic with both of those setups? How well does the BDC on the Razor 1-10 match the 12.5? And are you running an offset dot?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I’ve heard of this app before but I don’t have it or a chrono yet but I plan on buying one. If I go with an ACOG I want to find a model that will match the BDC with combat accuracy out to AT LEAST 400 yards with a 12.5 shooting XM193 with a K can on the end of it.

A BDC made for M855 from a 14.5” is likely to work well if you true it up further out. I’ll play on Strelok a bit with my velocity data and edit this comment later.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    A BDC made for M855 from a 14.5” is likely to work well if you true it up further out. I’ll play on Strelok a bit with my velocity data and edit this comment later.
    That’s exactly what I was thinking. The exact optic I believe is the TA31RCO which is the BDC for a 14.5 shooting M855 correct?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    AFCC8E8C-44CA-434D-A779-EB78CAD53503.jpeg
    Fed XM193/12.3” barrel that is a little on the slow side, due to age. That’s hits all day out to 500, with a little holding at 600, where wind and precision will be screwing with you, anyway.
    You definitely want Strelok. Once you figure out how to use it, it definitely helps a lot with figuring out BDC reticles, which are frequently not quite as advertised for bullet weight and velocity. Helps for deciding which one to use.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    AFCC8E8C-44CA-434D-A779-EB78CAD53503.jpeg
    Fed XM193/12.3” barrel that is a little on the slow side, due to age. That’s hits all day out to 500, with a little holding at 600, where wind and precision will be screwing with you, anyway.
    You definitely want Strelok. Once you figure out how to use it, it definitely helps a lot with figuring out BDC reticles, which are frequently not quite as advertised for bullet weight and velocity. Helps for deciding which one to use.
    Nice man that is some really good data that helps a lot. What barrel length and ammunition is the TA01NSN built for? It doesn’t mention barrel lengths on Trijicon’s website. Also, does that app allow you to adjust the sight over bore height? For example I am thinking of throwing whatever ACOG I get on one of those KRAM mounts which will rise it up higher. Also, in that simulation you just did, is the gun zeroed at 97 or 100 yards?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Nice man that is some really good data that helps a lot. What barrel length and ammunition is the TA01NSN built for? It doesn’t mention barrel lengths on Trijicon’s website. Also, does that app allow you to adjust the sight over bore height? For example I am thinking of throwing whatever ACOG I get on one of those KRAM mounts which will rise it up higher. Also, in that simulation you just did, is the gun zeroed at 97 or 100 yards?

I think it was made for 14.5” and M855. The app does allow you to change height over bore. In fact, that is one way you can make an LPVO BDC follow your ammo better. For example: jacking a LPVO made for a longer barrel and faster ammo to 1.93” on a SBR will frequently make the BDC work out just fine out to practical distances, such as 500. That data is based on a 100yd zero. You’re seeing the 97 on the left because I left near/far zero turned on, which isn’t really relevant for 100yd zeros, but it is for 50/200, 25/300, and MPBR zeros.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    I think it was made for 14.5” and M855. The app does allow you to change height over bore. In fact, that is one way you can make an LPVO BDC follow your ammo better. For example: jacking a LPVO made for a longer barrel and faster ammo to 1.93” on a SBR will frequently make the BDC work out just fine out to practical distances, such as 500. That data is based on a 100yd zero. You’re seeing the 97 on the left because I left near/far zero turned on, which isn’t really relevant for 100yd zeros, but it is for 50/200, 25/300, and MPBR zeros.
    The model of ACOG I was thinking about getting is the TA31RCO which Trijicon specifically lists is for a 14.5 barrel. I like the green chevron model personally. If it can give me accurate enough sub-tensions on a suppressed 12.5 out to 500 that would be awesome. I’m gonna look into that app. Thanks for your help man.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    The reticle trijicon makes for the 14.5 barrel will be close enough that you can easily make it work for a 12.5 with suppressor. If you're starting to tell yourself that's not precise enough....then LPVO it is. MHO.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast