Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Taurus Revolver Quality

Feedback Score

Taurus Revolver Quality

I haven’t owned a Taurus revolver since the 90’s. I remember the quality was kind of hit or miss back then. I see they are a good deal lower in price compared to S&W—this makes me a little nervous about their quality. How can they make them so much cheaper and still be quality? How good are Taurus revolvers today?

I held one of the 3 inch 856 Defenders the other day and it really piqued my interest.

Thanks

Feedback Score
    I have a 856UL snubbie. Nice little gun. Drops and disappears into cargo shorts front pocket nicely. Recoil is bit snappier than I expected with 158gr, but easily managed.

I recommend.

Feedback Score
    I've fired an 856 UL.

Yea, got some kick, mediocre trigger. But it fired and seemed to hit where aimed. We only put about 50 rds through it.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by easy View Post
    I have a 856UL snubbie. Nice little gun. Drops and disappears into cargo shorts front pocket nicely. Recoil is bit snappier than I expected with 158gr, but easily managed.

I recommend.
    You recommend.

Based on what metrics?

How many rounds fired? Sample of one? Doe you know others with the same revolver?

Dropping into the pocket isn’t a metric that determines if something is quality or not.

Feedback Score
    Ok, so, I don't have a gazillion posts on here. Big deal. I recommend because it works for me. Isn't that how all this works? You like, 'it's good'. You don't like, 'it sucks'?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by easy View Post

I recommend.
    Thanks for the input. How long have you had it and about how many rounds have you ran through it ( standard & +P)? Has the finished held up? Thanks.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I managed a LGS for two years, and during that time I sent between four to six revolvers back to Taurus for warranty repairs. One was out of time, brand new, right out of the box.

I sent one matching set of 1970s era Ruger Bearcat revolvers back to Ruger, not for repairs, but because Ruger offered to my customer to install a safety bar free of charge.
    A person who is not inwardly prepared for the use of violence against him is always weaker than the person committing the violence. - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago

Feedback Score
    Had it for a few months. About fifty rounds or so. (there is no counter attached for those technical people) Ammo was some older nickle cased 158grLRN that had been give to me some time ago. Liking it, but lower than I should be on .38s. Mine is the black version. So far doesn't show finger prints or any scratches. Goes in pocket when wearing shorts and in front pocket of cammies when out mowing the acreage.

As for those that need a better recommendation, go to your LGS and finger one a bit. You'll figure it out for your self. Everyone always does.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TexHill View Post
    I managed a LGS for two years, and during that time I sent between four to six revolvers back to Taurus for warranty repairs. One was out of time, brand new, right out of the box.

I sent one matching set of 1970s era Ruger Bearcat revolvers back to Ruger, not for repairs, but because Ruger offered to my customer to install a safety bar free of charge.
    How long ago was this? Thanks.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Taurus Revo quality is INCONSISTENT to below average, based on the few that range buds had.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast