Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 61

Thread: New SureFire muzzle device - A2 birdcage that can mount their suppressors

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,210
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post
    No labyrinth seals? Hard pass.
    I have a bunch of AR and only two surefire cans.

    I set the guns up I run only suppressed with the brake or three prong with labyrinth seals. If itís mostly not suppressed but I want to be able to mount a can I go with the closed tine Ďphantomí style.

    This looks like a great offering for a gun you want to run mostly unsupressed but still want to be able to mount your can. This is the use it will fill for me.

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    8,085
    Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Interesting. Iíve never even noticed a discussion about labyrinth seals. Iím debating jumping into SF cans since KAC QDCs have been MIA for two years and was excited that G Super Duty guns had the closed tine FH since I hate the pinging of their open prong stuff but this has me reconsidering now.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,210
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Interesting. Iíve never even noticed a discussion about labyrinth seals. Iím debating jumping into SF cans since KAC QDCs have been MIA for two years and was excited that G Super Duty guns had the closed tine FH since I hate the pinging of their open prong stuff but this has me reconsidering now.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So I know the labyrinth rings do something, a better seal.

    I have no idea how much difference it makes? Iíve never had a can stick to a mount badly, and it definitely still gets jammed up with the rings there.

    I have a 14.5 pinned G rifle. I put my mini cam on it and it rocks! So the phantom style mount is not bad. The testing Iíve read shows the war comps are what really suck with the suppressor.

    I think for mounting a can the brake is the ultimate. It has the labyrinth rings and the two baffles line up with the first two baffles in the can. I have one on an 11.5Ē rifle Iíd only ever shoot suppressed. Never shot it unsupressd, Iím sure it does terrible blasty brake things, as a mount itís awesome.

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    8,085
    Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS951 View Post
    So I know the labyrinth rings do something, a better seal.

    I have no idea how much difference it makes? Iíve never had a can stick to a mount badly, and it definitely still gets jammed up with the rings there.

    I have a 14.5 pinned G rifle. I put my mini cam on it and it rocks! So the phantom style mount is not bad. The testing Iíve read shows the war comps are what really suck with the suppressor.

    I think for mounting a can the brake is the ultimate. It has the labyrinth rings and the two baffles line up with the first two baffles in the can. I have one on an 11.5Ē rifle Iíd only ever shoot suppressed. Never shot it unsupressd, Iím sure it does terrible blasty brake things, as a mount itís awesome.
    Thatís good to know, I have seen people complain about the warcomps but wasnít sure if it was that design feature, something else, or a combo (probably this).

    I used to be a diehard advocate for breaks but started going away from them. Iíd like one or two guns with them just for the benefits they do give but would need several more cans before I could be dedicated suppressed. Right now I only have the one QDC for several ARs and as much as I donít want multiple mounting systems, Iím getting tired of waiting for a CQB QDC or two.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

  5. #45
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    1,329
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Interesting. I’ve never even noticed a discussion about labyrinth seals. I’m debating jumping into SF cans since KAC QDCs have been MIA for two years and was excited that G Super Duty guns had the closed tine FH since I hate the pinging of their open prong stuff but this has me reconsidering now.
    Main disadvantages of the lack of labyrinth seals is that they get carbon locked much easier and that they allow much more gas to leak out and thus allow a larger acoustic signature, is my understanding.
    Plus Áa change, plus c'est la mÍme chose.

    老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

    https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,807
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS951 View Post
    So I know the labyrinth rings do something, a better seal.

    I have no idea how much difference it makes? Iíve never had a can stick to a mount badly, and it definitely still gets jammed up with the rings there.

    I have a 14.5 pinned G rifle. I put my mini cam on it and it rocks! So the phantom style mount is not bad. The testing Iíve read shows the war comps are what really suck with the suppressor.

    I think for mounting a can the brake is the ultimate. It has the labyrinth rings and the two baffles line up with the first two baffles in the can. I have one on an 11.5Ē rifle Iíd only ever shoot suppressed. Never shot it unsupressd, Iím sure it does terrible blasty brake things, as a mount itís awesome.
    PEW Science data link below. Some data is restricted to members only (I am not a member).

    10.3" "Mk18" (I believe it's a DD with 0.070" GP) + H2 buffer + Federal XM193

    https://pewscience.com/sound-signatu...56rc2-mk18-556

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    156
    Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS951 View Post
    I have a bunch of AR and only two surefire cans.

    I set the guns up I run only suppressed with the brake or three prong with labyrinth seals. If it’s mostly not suppressed but I want to be able to mount a can I go with the closed tine ‘phantom’ style.

    This looks like a great offering for a gun you want to run mostly unsupressed but still want to be able to mount your can. This is the use it will fill for me.
    Thats what my thoughts were, I don't personally own cans right now but shoot with several guys who have SF cans so I get the occasional opportunity to fire my guns suppressed, this FH would be perfect for that roll. Too bad it won't work for pinning a 14.5, but on my 16" it'll be perfect.

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,726
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    6315XE
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    12,122
    Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    6315XE
    You guys rock.

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    DFW, TEXAS
    Posts
    4,218
    Feedback Score
    262 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    You guys rock.
    I have like 5 of the Forward Controls 6315KM KeyMo Mounts. They are awesome. All but 2 of my rifles have them. Just need to switch them out.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.


    "I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •