Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: French military selects Benelli SuperNova

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bp7178 View Post
    Is there anything more boring than a French shotgun adoption in 2022?
    Actually yes.. a thread about grip screws.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Actually yes.. a thread about grip screws.
    Well lets go back to exciting stuff.

Has the French military tested lubes? What about application methods, heat or no heat? Etc

Feedback Score
    Froglube?

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    I have a Benelli SuperNova. It's a well-made shotgun for the price.

It does have the ability to handle shells ranging from 2.75" all the way to 3.5". That's useful.

It also has a magazine cutoff located as a button on the slide. I can hit that with a finger, operate the slide without a round landing on the lifter, and throw a slug into the chamber and fire. That's a useful thing on a shotgun. I can beat a LOT of people on a select slug drill. That is handy if you are guarding a vehicle gate or building entrance on a street.

If I was going to buy a shotgun for the military, I would not feel bad with a Supernova.

I have some #4 Buck in mine. In a 3.5" shell, that's 54 projectiles. For 00 Buck, that's 18 projectiles. And mine patterns quite well with virtually anything I feed it.

It's a handy hotel Claymore, if you are into that sort of thing.

I do think the M4 is a great shotgun that the Marines bought. But considering the likely uses for the French military, the SuperNova is not a bad choice at all. It's also a quarter of the price. Considering their military budget is about the same as we spend on fuel for the Air Force, money is a factor.

And I will echo 1168. All the French military folks I worked with were solid dudes, especially the Legionnaires. We did a bit of work with them in Africa and Central America in the 1980's, and they had their feces coagulated.

Just my dos centavos.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    It's a handy...
    Handy? The LOP is outrageous for a tactical shotgun. It feels an inch too long for regular shotgun sports to me.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    All the French military folks I worked with were solid dudes, especially the Legionnaires. We did a bit of work with them in Africa and Central America in the 1980's, and they had their feces coagulated.

Just my dos centavos.
    La Legion Etrangere puts in work, for sure, and I’d laugh and turn a blind eye in a bar at some of these statements here. Because lol.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Knowing nothing about French tactics for the shotgun, it seems like a reasonable choice. It's a good gun, and pumps do offer flexibility if they want to use breaching or less than lethal shells for specific applications.

As to the French military, WW2 jokes are always fun, but in OIR their SOF guys put a lot of ISIS in the dirt, and they've been fighting a pretty effective CT campaign in Africa for awhile. I've got nothing bad to say about them.
    OEF / OIR / OFS

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    Handy? The LOP is outrageous for a tactical shotgun. It feels an inch too long for regular shotgun sports to me.
    No lie detected. A 12.5" length of pull is what I like. The typical Benelli/Beretta stock does have that typical boat oar length, and is about two inches too long. Most of them come from the factory at 14.5".

I am debating setting up a side hustle trimming stocks with my compound miter saw, and then fitting a wooden plug with epoxy to hold the new recoil pad. Takes me about an afternoon, including the time to let the epoxy cure and sanding down the pad.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    It has a multi-position C-stock...6 position, I think. I run my M4 Entry at the 12.25" LOP position, and it's perfect. For use under NODS, I extend it to the full 14.25" and that gets me "up off the gun" and elevates my optic effectively, as the recoil tube is on a 15.5 degree angle.
    Last edited by WS6; 06-23-22 at 11:31.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Have you shortened any with the comfortech?

They even have one with barrel mounted low profile rifle sights. I wish that was an option on my 1301.
    https://www.benelliusa.com/shotguns/...ction-shotguns

They feel a little bulky in some ways with all the plastic, but not at all cheap. My brother (who is well over 6’) loves his and never had a problem from the cheapest target loads to the heaviest turkey loads.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast