Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sig P365X - support hand thumb placement for best grip

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bamashooter View Post
    OP, sounds like you know the deal. Sounds like you have your accuracy established at whatever distance you have chosen. Speed can take a long time to accomplish, however, it's very doable. Likely a few thousand rounds minimum. Relatively speaking, the P365 has a very small sight radius. That feature alone, along with the recovery time which comes with such a small, lightweight piece requires most folks to homestead it at a range in order to run the gun. I recently purchased the basic 365 w/ manual safety. Sweet little pistol though I do have a CT / LG-422 on the way. I'll likely go with the extended Zev Tech magazine release and call it good. Good luck.
    Good point on the sight radius.

Haven't taken the time to get any pictures, but I did modify my grip a bit and stopped trying to hold the gun down with my support thumb during recoil. This helped quite a bit and I can now shoot a (still slow) string of shots without having to fix my grip after every shot.

I found this video quite helpful for grip, especially the suggestion to have the support thumb and extended trigger finger tips at the same distance back from the barrel (starting around 1:40 in the video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=ysa50-plo48

Bought a Ruger Mk IV 22-45 and that's been educational just seeing how big of a difference a longer, heavier gun with much softer recoil makes - I can comfortably shoot a decent group very rapidly with it compared to the P365x. Will keep practicing and see if I can improve my speed over time.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    LOL. Yep, big difference. As you well know, lots and lots of rounds down range will hopefully get you where you want to be. Speed will come with practice and patience. Accuracy and consistency first. Typically, staying with a single brand / type of ammunition will give you the best chance for consistency. After all that, if desired, you can then explore assorted types / brands of rounds. Good luck. I don't recall seeing it; which holster did you go with?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12