Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: E-lander steel mags

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Also, who is still buying mags in 2022? I literally have boxes of USGIs in the attic that I’ll never use and know guys with one AR who have them stuffed in bedroom drawers because they ran out of space.
    I still buy mags on occasion even though I have more than I could use in 5 lifetimes. I spent '94 - '04 scrounging mags and paying stupid prices for busted junk, so stocking mags sort of became a compulsion. Kind of like how people who lived through the Great Depression spent the rest of their lives hoarding bits of string and food scraps. I tell my self "Dude, you have more than enough" but before I know it, there are 5 or 6 more on the way. Maybe I need Magaholics Anonymous or something.

Anyway, there is a chance I have an E-Lander mag or two in a box somewhere, but if I do, I haven't used it so I can't offer any info. My usual rotation of AR mags consists of mostly old PMAGs with a couple ratty GI mags for good measure. I did recently retire my OG '94-preban Dirty Sanchez to the reserves to spare it any further wear.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rmorris View Post
    They are one of the few companies that make 6.5 Grendel mags, and they seem well made for what they are. Grendel’s can have feeding problems so I will not speak to reliability in 5.56. I’d pick up bargin surefeeds before I bought elander though.
    Elanders have been 100% solid in my Grendels, though my Grendels have never had feeding issues.

I bought a couple of 5.56 ELanders when they were super cheap a while back.

They work, and are very well made normally. They're also heavier and don't really solve a problem other than potentially durability.

I have thought about picking up a few more to have on hand in case there was any kind of a mag ban as I know I (and heirs) would not wear them out or break them.

Feedback Score
    I bought some of the 20 and 30 rounders back during the great magazine shortage. I used them a limited amount, but they performed flawlessly.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    The site requires a minimum post length. I tried to post "no", but the reply was too short.
    I agree.... just no man, no.. those will get you killed if you rely on them
    "your AR is shit, change my mind" - Will Larson

I make work horses, not show ponies.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    The site requires a minimum post length. I tried to post "no", but the reply was too short.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12