Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ammo you won't buy again?

Feedback Score

Ammo you won't buy again?

What ammo would you not buy again?

I haven't bought Russian ammo in a long time. Hard primers, dirties up chambers, casings create more friction in some mags causing stoppages, more erosive bullets, and I really don't want to support Russia in any way.

Blazer alluminum. Hard primers, casings don't slide against eacher well.

Freedom Munitions steel case. Plated bullets reduce accuracy. Cases split and cause stoppages in my HK P30SK.

M80 type fmj 7.62x51. None of it is accurate. It's just 4 moa stuff meant for machine guns. Fine if for close range training / practice. Often has steel in the jacket, too.

That's what I can think of at the moment.

You?

Feedback Score
    Nothing with a steel case. Only brass.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Still using up my 80s-90's Wolf 7.62X39 buying power/craze, but won't buy again.

Works like a dream (just about MOA if I do my part) in Ruger Ranch 7.62X39 bolt gun and fun/passable in Sig 556R, but both are just range toys.

CCI Quiet .22, quiet but won't run any of my semi pistols or rifles, so will last a good long while. Hoping it works in Sig 322 and I'll be happy.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Most steel case, unless its for my PTR.

Ammo, Inc's Streak line. Incredibly underwhelming, and that was with .45 out of a Thompson semi-auto. If it was going to work out of any of the calibers and weapons, that should have been the right combo.
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Can’t remember the name. Is it hotshot 223?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Hornady Frontier. It seems like an offshoot of the Eldest Son program. I’ve got chrono results where one or two 68gr rounds per case are more than 200fps above their frens, and are faster than M855a1 62gr fired concurrently in the same gun. I can see how people blow up their guns with this brand.

Quote Originally Posted by ndmiller View Post
    CCI Quiet .22, quiet but won't run any of my semi pistols or rifles, so will last a good long while. Hoping it works in Sig 322 and I'll be happy.
    I’ve been having pretty good results from the CCI Clean powdercoated subsonics lately. It runs in my G44 and M&P 15-22 and has the best precision of what I’ve tried in one of those and is tied for best in the other. I just bought 5k more rounds of it a couple weeks ago. You might try that.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha-17 View Post

Ammo, Inc's Streak line. Incredibly underwhelming, and that was with .45 out of a Thompson semi-auto. If it was going to work out of any of the calibers and weapons, that should have been the right combo.
    I saw some cats shooting an Uzi with that stuff. They seemed to be having a good time. Fun fact: at night with a sufficiently bright weaponlight (PLH, PLHv2, OKW, OWL) on your PCC or SMG, cheap plated 147s reflect light back and are highly visible in flight. Its a hoot on full auto.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    I'm picky with ARs; only brass. For 7.62 commie, whatever's on sale.

Pistol rounds, anything except aluminum. I don't know what the reason is, but every time I've ever used aluminum target rounds, I spend more time clearing malfunctions than shooting across the 6 or so semi-auto pistols.

Feedback Score
    Before I knew better, back in the mid-1990s I bought some Venezuelan "CAVIM" milsurp 7.62NATO for my M14 type... What crap. I finally sold the rest and bought Radway-Green, etc.

Once bitten... Since then I've been hyper-picky.

The only other incident of buyer's remorse I can remember is Federal's newish "range pack" of 800rnds of .22lr. It's very inconsistent compared to anything from CCI or even Fed's own AutoMatch (I ran all of them over my chrono to make sure I wasn't losing my mind.) The slow rounds are consistently jams in my semi-autos, and that's a jam every 10-20 rounds.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Mag tech guardian gold 230gr +P 45acp.

That is the only ammo that would choke my Mk23 and the last round would always eject to the top of my head or forehead.

It would fail to go into battery several times and would get stuck, could not pull the slide back but could push it into battery fairly easy. If it wasn’t a tank of a handgun I surely would have found a way to eject instead of fire.

This ammo is rough and sharp on the points as well. I bought a bunch when Midway had it on sale for something like $12.99 or $13.99 bx of 20. It may have been even cheaper than that more I think about it, might have been $8.99.

I probably still have 10 boxes of this crap.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Federal Champion.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast