Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: any Intel on Shadow system pistols...?

Feedback Score

any Intel on Shadow system pistols...?

Anyone have a dossier on this company that's commanding 900 bucks for a pistol?

Few beretta's and SS taking up a lot of shelf space.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    They’re a Texas company making hot-rodded Gen 3 Glock clones. If you’re a Gen 3 Glock guy, and plan to make similar modifications, you might come out ahead buying a Shadow Systems gun. The most interesting feature, to me, I’d their slide cut accommodated multiple optics without using any adapter plates.

Feedback Score
    My brother bought one. It runs well, and has some nice features that close that cost gap if you add them to a Glock or have the grip work done to a Glock to get the same higher grip.

Would I buy one over a Glock? Yes, but my budget allows for this.

Is it the end all be all of blasters? No.

Feedback Score
    Not a glock fan per se, but g19 always goes to the range for friends or wolf ammo. I care about it the least but a necessary tool. Sort of like the old 350 pickup beater that just keeps running and can always count on.

I want a gock 19x with optic slide, think it may be the 43x, but not sure.

Thanks for the heads up, looking more Into them

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    If you can find any blem models you can save a decent chunk of change.....

They shoot very well and the ergos are excellent... I picked up the MR920 optics ready model recently for $700.....not a fan of the other ones...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I was skeptical at first, bought one (MR920) in January or so because I wanted a RDS. The cut is deeper so most sights like RMR, Holosun and Sig co-witness with the Shadow Systems factory sights which are just a tiny bit higher than standard sights.

After shooting it, I was about ready to get rid of all my Glocks.. the grip is better, higher up because of the undercuts at the triggerguard and the beavertail. The slide is smoother and the trigger is marginally better than factory Glock (think 25-cent trigger job).

I bought my second MR920 last month because they’re that awesome. Next on the list is a DR920P to replace my G34. My G17 Gen 3 and Gen 4 are now relegated to looking cool in a locked case.

Another bit of coolness is that they are NIJ certified for law enforcement use. Most agencies that I know of don’t give a shit, but the list of NIJ certified handguns is shorter than I expected. Also, I believe it’s still true that if you use your Shadow Systems in a legitimate self defense shooting they will give you another one while yours is in police evidence.

TL/dr; they’re awesome and worth the extra coin.
    Last edited by sandsunsurf; 06-15-22 at 20:01.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I got a great deal on a blemished one. I've shot the hell out of it. It's a good gun. The Optics mounting system is ingenious.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I had an xr920. I was honestly underwhelmed. It felt great, but I found I shot my glocks marginally better, but they are what I was used to.

I also found that changing the backstraps didn't actually change how the gun pointed for me. It probably does for most people, but it did nothing for me..

Soli Deo Gloria

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Although I haven't personally used one, I have never heard a single bad thing about Shadow Systems pistols.

When I first heard of them, I didn't know anything about them and just ASSumed they were another gucci gamer-glock clone. Turns out they're 100% the real deal, though.

One of only four manufacturers to have handguns certified by the NIJ for LE use.

I'd love to pick one up one of these days. Gonna have to keep an eye out for a blem unit, I guess.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Two weeks ago I started selling off my Glock 9mm’s. I’ve replaced them with 4 Shadow Systems guns. I’ve shot 300 rounds through 3 of them, but foot surgery will prevent my 300 round break in on the DR 920 for a few weeks. BTW, all 900 rounds were shot through PMAGs, and they worked WELL! Any malfunctions I had with their infamous 200 break-in period, came within the first mag of each gun, and it was a failure to go fully into battery, sling shotting the slide on the first round. After that, these guns just ran! Not to say you wouldn’t get more, I’ve watched a few videos of people documenting their break-ins, and more than a few experienced multiple malfunctions within the first 50 rounds, but MOST ran well after shooting a mag or two.

I’ve been on the Glock platform since ‘99. This was definitely an upgrade. What sold me was the quality of the guns, in particular the back strap system is WAAAY ahead of the Glock. They come shipped with the neutral back strap installed, which for me provides natural pointability, and better ergo’s, (for a polymer gun, but still not Walther ergos). I also like the optic cut. I think they figured out a universal system, better than anyone else. I used to work for a company that specialized in optic cuts, and I was resigned that they would do any optic cuts I needed, because there was NO WAY I would buy a Glock MOS gun. The trigger is better than any stock Glock trigger, (but that’s not a high bar), and the blacked out rear, with tritium front sight is excellent. I’m more accurate with the Shadow Systems guns, and though I think the latter offer better mechanical accuracy, I’ve also shot Glocks almost exclusively for 23 years, and I’ve had a lot of good training in that time, and know my basics/fundamentals are good to go.

Shadow Systems does have a patriot/protectors program that make discounted guns available to LE/MIL/First Responders. I’m a veteran from way back, and I qualify for the program, but forewarned it isn’t the easiest program to access. An authorized dealer has to either have a gun in stock for this program, (they come in a green pistol bag, versus the black pistol bag regular Shadow Systems guns come in), or their respective wholesaler has to have one able to order. Shadow Systems will help you find authorized dealers in your area. I didn’t get any of my guns on this program, but I found an MR920, and a DR920 on sale for about the price I would have paid on the Patriot/Protectors Program.

The only way I would consider purchasing the inevitable Gen6 Glock, (guessing 2-3 years from now), is if said guns were a blatant rip off of the Shadow Systems guns, with equal quality, and competitively priced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast