Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: any Intel on Shadow system pistols...?

Feedback Score
    Couple caveats here. I was a die hard Glock guy for well over 10 years. Had a few ZEV full builds (underwhelmed TBH) back in the day. Carried and competed with them. Then I fell in love with the CZ P10 line and sold all my Glocks. For ME they had a better trigger, ergo's and night sites right out of the box. I am not a Glock hater by any stretch. Shadow Systems held a demo and range day at my LGS / Indoor range so I got to put a handful of rounds through them all. Triggers were very inconsistent among the ones I shot but that could just be because some had more rounds through them (and had smoothed out more) than the others. But even the new guns the rep had on the table felt different. Like others have said, they are marginally better then a stock Glock. I think the ergonomics are better than the Glock for sure. Their optic mountain system, well, I wish everyone would copy them. They really nailed it. If the features they add over a stock Glock are things you were going to send your stock Glock out to get done to it then the cost benefit is definitely there. But at the end of the day they didn't make me want to get rid of my CZs.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    From my experience they are excellent pistols. FYI, SME Ken Hackathorn runs one and has nothing but good to say about it.
    Last edited by Biggy; 06-16-22 at 19:52.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by D.S. Brown View Post
    Two weeks ago I started selling off my Glock 9mm’s. I’ve replaced them with 4 Shadow Systems guns. I’ve shot 300 rounds through 3 of them, but foot surgery will prevent my 300 round break in on the DR 920 for a few weeks. BTW, all 900 rounds were shot through PMAGs, and they worked WELL! Any malfunctions I had with their infamous 200 break-in period, came within the first mag of each gun, and it was a failure to go fully into battery, sling shotting the slide on the first round. After that, these guns just ran! Not to say you wouldn’t get more, I’ve watched a few videos of people documenting their break-ins, and more than a few experienced multiple malfunctions within the first 50 rounds, but MOST ran well after shooting a mag or two.

I’ve been on the Glock platform since ‘99. This was definitely an upgrade. What sold me was the quality of the guns, in particular the back strap system is WAAAY ahead of the Glock. They come shipped with the neutral back strap installed, which for me provides natural pointability, and better ergo’s, (for a polymer gun, but still not Walther ergos). I also like the optic cut. I think they figured out a universal system, better than anyone else. I used to work for a company that specialized in optic cuts, and I was resigned that they would do any optic cuts I needed, because there was NO WAY I would buy a Glock MOS gun. The trigger is better than any stock Glock trigger, (but that’s not a high bar), and the blacked out rear, with tritium front sight is excellent. I’m more accurate with the Shadow Systems guns, and though I think the latter offer better mechanical accuracy, I’ve also shot Glocks almost exclusively for 23 years, and I’ve had a lot of good training in that time, and know my basics/fundamentals are good to go.

Shadow Systems does have a patriot/protectors program that make discounted guns available to LE/MIL/First Responders. I’m a veteran from way back, and I qualify for the program, but forewarned it isn’t the easiest program to access. An authorized dealer has to either have a gun in stock for this program, (they come in a green pistol bag, versus the black pistol bag regular Shadow Systems guns come in), or their respective wholesaler has to have one able to order. Shadow Systems will help you find authorized dealers in your area. I didn’t get any of my guns on this program, but I found an MR920, and a DR920 on sale for about the price I would have paid on the Patriot/Protectors Program.

The only way I would consider purchasing the inevitable Gen6 Glock, (guessing 2-3 years from now), is if said guns were a blatant rip off of the Shadow Systems guns, with equal quality, and competitively priced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I had the same issue with the first mag and after that smooth as butter..

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    They're trash. The Zev OZ9 is also trash. The grip shape/angles are nice, but that's about it. Buy a real Glock.
    Last edited by scooter22; 06-16-22 at 19:42.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    I currently have three Shadow Systems pistols, a MR920, MR930L and a CR920. They all have functioned flawlessly since day one and their accuracy are comparable to Gen 5 Glock 9mm’s. IMHO, their triggers out of the box are okay to not that great, but with dry firing and just shooting them, they become an okay carry trigger. Their standard optics cut is good, but they need to offer to everybody, pistols and slides with optic cuts for closed emitter type red dot optics like the ACRO, Holosun and Steiner. To me, when compared to a factory Glock, they have a much more ergonomic grip frame with very good factory texturing and a better overall optics cut. FYI, I change out the SS mag release for a factory Glock or TangoDown/Vickers mag release on my MR920 series pistols. *Supposedly* the Shadow Systems mag release is made out of a little harder polymer material than the Glock OEM mag release, and over time will wear the Glock mags, but Magpul Glock mags are fine. Also, while the factory SS slide lock / release works okay, I like to change them out for the TangoDown /Vickers slide release, that has a little more protruding shelf. Overall, I am completely satisfied with mine and have no regrets about buying them.

Last edited by Biggy; 06-19-22 at 08:23.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post
    They're trash. The Zev OZ9 is also trash. The grip shape/angles are nice, but that's about it. Buy a real Glock.
    Please expand on your opinion.....I have had Glocks for over 20 years and Shadow Systems are a definite upgrade

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It has been a while since I cruised their web sight and I have to admit that their integrally compensated DR920P has me interested. Any experience. I like the way the comp is attached on paper but have concerns regarding its durability. And FFS why with the holes in the slide?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I have a few of them and have been very impressed. As a 1911 guy, these guns solve my basic issue with the Glock which is grip angle. They ship with three inserts - largest is equivalent to Glock, Midsize is equivalent to M&P, and smallest is equivalent to 1911. So now the gun indexes right for me.

They have run great/accurate, and the trigger is fine/manageable. No issues at all and I prefer the stippling job, and sights over standard Glock offerings. The optic mounts work great and cowitness is visible. They fit in my existing G holsters.

I opted for the cheaper one without the holes in the slide. In my mind the holes in the slide are just crap catchers which is undesirable on a carry gun. Have 2 each of MR920 (G19 equivalent) and one DR920 (G17 equivalent). I don't think I paid more than about 750 for any of them. Worth the few extra bux over the equivalent Glock IMO.
    Last edited by JiminAZ; 06-17-22 at 17:08.

Feedback Score
    I picked up a 'bleb" model a few weeks ago, unable to locate where the 'bleb' was. DR920 model, no issues at all so far, (a bit over 1k rds) use oem g17 mags, gave away the pmags., believe it more accurate than Gen 5 Glock 17. It's basically a very nice upgraded G17. Sort of like buying a Camry or a Lexus, essentially the same, but the Lexus is a bit better.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    thumbnail(1).jpg

DR920 ELITE with RMR07 and TLR-1HL

Glock OEM mags tend to fit VERY SNUG. The Magpuls
    fit like I think they should and by adding the thicker base pad on the Magpul Mags,
    They fit, function very good and extend below the nag well extension.
    Someday, I will try the SGM 33 rnd mags from South Korea.
    Last edited by RWH24; 06-18-22 at 02:03.
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast