I was at a gunshop yesterday and noticed two rifles that caught my eye, something I have never seen and that the people at the shop didn't know much about. Both are marked Remington Police, both magazine fed, one in 308 and the other 5.56. The 308 has a flush magazine of maybe 4-5 shots, the 5.56 takes AR15 magazines. Both have ghost ring sights from a company called Wilson Combat, something I thought was pretty interesting. At first glance I thought they were shotguns but then counter guy saw me looking and said "Are you looking at the pump rifles, pretty neat aren't they?" then handed me one. I have no idea why but I thought they were pretty cool, different to say the least. Both are new in the box, he said they took them as partial downpayment on some sort of fancy vintage shotgun and are asking $550 each.

About all I could find online is that they seem to be popular and well thought of in Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, I'm assuming due to their restrictive laws.
I'm not a huge fan of shotguns but a pump rifle in something other than 22 seems cool.
Does anyone happen to own one or know anything about them?