Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone know anything about Remington Police pump-action rifles?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    No doubt. If you're shooting a 223 long gun, it might as well have some capacity and autoloading.
    Could be useful as a hedge against the coming bans.
    Might be handy to have for more "public" occasions

Feedback Score
    Pumps beat lever any day.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    My previous comment from this thread: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...Remington-7615
    Agreed. I have shot one, and was underwhelmed.

Feedback Score
    I had some time to take the 7615 out behind the house twice now and have to say that the thing is pretty darn fun, like an adult shooting gallery gun I shot four boxes through it, so two hundred rounds, not a single issue at all. I was hitting the plate at 100 yards quick and easy with just the peep sight, the closer ones weren't even a challenge. I think it may be a keeper as working the slide made me giggle like a kid. I still haven't shot the 308 yet as I haven't picked up any ammunition for it.

I can only speak to reliability for 200 rounds, put after poking around more on line, reliability and longevity do not seem to be an issue with the folks who have been running them for many years. As I said above they seem to be really popular in Australia, NZ, SA, and on their forums they are spoken highly of, including by hunters and ranchers.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty T View Post

~SNIP~

As I said above they seem to be really popular in Australia, NZ, SA, and on their forums they are spoken highly of, including by hunters and ranchers.
    In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king

I want both a Rem 760 in 30-06 and a Savage 170 in 30-30, so I am not throwing stones.

Andy

Feedback Score
    Back in the mid-2000s, I attended a police carbine instructors course, and two guys from an airport police department showed up with the .223 versions. They performed poorly in a number of ways compared to the M4s almost everyone else was using. Admittedly, a lot of the problems had to do with the high round counts in a training environment (I remember the shots stringing badly once the barrels were hot), but after the course, I heard they convinced the powers that be to switch to M4s. The whole reason they chose the pumps in the first place was purely cosmetic (not scary looking).

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    With all the commie states passing AWBs, I wish a quality manufacturer would bring back the IMI Timberwolf.

Andy

Feedback Score
    My department had 2 of them in .243win when I first got on in 1989. They were used for sniper school attendees. I was a little befuddled but I found out they were chosen by the then police chief who was always trying to steer away from any thing that looked military.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by aguila327 View Post
    They were used for sniper school attendees.
    To do what with? Oh my.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    To do what with? Oh my.
    To attend. They both passed, but back then the FBI sniper school wasn't as difficult as it is now.

It was more of a test of the shooters abilities rather than the equipments capabilities.

I remember shooting one of the rifles around 1998 and believe it or not it was a 1.5 to two MOA rifle at 200 yards.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast