Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: The annoying Wylde Chamber explained:

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    After reading that 2015 Army Research Lab report on the primer/bullet movement, I can see how a short leade would help precision for sure.
    If you are looking for an accurate barrel/ammunition combination, look at what people are shooting on the 600 yard stage at Camp Perry or Camp Butler.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I like fast M193 dont care for the people saying to drop it back because of the crappy chamber.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by constructor View Post
    yes I know it is a slower burning powder which makes for higher pressure further down the bore. That load is right at 100 fps faster than the mil spec 5.56 ammo, my Pressure Trace confirms a little over 60k Peak while showing the M855 and M193 around 56500k. The M855 spec says 58k and 3060fps out of a 20" barrel so it should hit around 2900 out of a 16" but it does not, not even at 90 degrees like it was this week. All of it is old stuff I've had since we could get it for $149/can IMI, PPU and LC. Anyway the point I was making is the Wylde with a freebore of .062 and even the CLE chamber with a .025 freebore do not pop primers or show signs of pressure in my barrels with M193 or M855 ammo so if I had one that was popping primers I would start looking at headspace and the port size.
    ETA- these results from a 16" 3R 7.7 twist barrel with the 5.56 CLE chamber.
    Yeah, max loads with that powder do exceed military loads in velocity without pressure signs. When I worked up toward max, I ended up chickening out before hitting pressure signs of any sort. There was simply more velocity than I needed. Its just super slow burning with 62s and a light crimp. SD and Temp sensitivity are different topics. It needs to be around 27+gr to get decent SDs.

I want a Pressure Trace pretty badly.

CLE chamber certainly changes things.

Anyway, thanks for posting.
    Last edited by 1168; 11-29-22 at 16:05.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ffhounddog View Post
    I like fast M193 dont care for the people saying to drop it back because of the crappy chamber.
    I used to like M193 more years ago. But with short range steel, it's too brutal. That stuff beats up AR500. And for longer range, a heavier bullet it preferred...which usually give a different ZERO/POI than 55 gr. So we've just kinda gotten away from shooting any 55 gr stuff just for keeping guns zeroed with the heavier projectiles. Nevermind the whole chamber issue.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I used to like M193 more years ago. But with short range steel, it's too brutal. That stuff beats up AR500. And for longer range, a heavier bullet it preferred...which usually give a different ZERO/POI than 55 gr. So we've just kinda gotten away from shooting any 55 gr stuff just for keeping guns zeroed with the heavier projectiles. Nevermind the whole chamber issue.
    Yeah, same. For close to the same price, 62s do less damage to the steel up close, and ring them harder further out. Win-win.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Yeah. That thread started 3 months after this one. They're a little more laxed on duplicates here these days. It used to be quite the opposite. In fact, they were down right rude to guys who didn't "use the search function"
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Bumping this one to ask... Is Ned's chamber reamer still a thing? I have a 14.5 that's behaving exactly like a wilde chamber, and I'm sick of it. Fukker popped a primer again today and jammed up the upper silly.

I'd love to run Ned's reamer.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Bumping this one to ask... Is Ned's chamber reamer still a thing? I have a 14.5 that's behaving exactly like a wilde chamber, and I'm sick of it. Fukker popped a primer again today and jammed up the upper silly.

I'd love to run Ned's reamer.
    It is still on his website so I would assume so, hopefully it is because I’ve been wanting to pick one up as well.

http://www.m-guns.com/tools.php

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    It is still on his website so I would assume so, hopefully it is because I’ve been wanting to pick one up as well.

http://www.m-guns.com/tools.php
    After digesting my 14.5 barrel velocity comparison, I'm convinced I have several chambers that need help. I couldn't find one single youtube on this device though.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast