Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The annoying Wylde Chamber explained:

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

The annoying Wylde Chamber explained:

Just read an interesting post on AccurateShooter.com's forums about the Wylde Chamber, and it sounds credible.

i see more bs on the wylde chamber on this forum.
    it is a MATCH reamer to allow ACCURACY with 69.75 grain bullets for 200/300 yards in cmp/dcm ar15/m16 clones and STILL ALLOW AN 80GR SMK BE SINGLE LOADED. it is not the best all round chamber..it is designed for one thing and one thing only 600 yard 80gr single load with moa or less accuracy for 200.300 yd stages at cmp.dcm matches.
    it is neither a 334 nor a 5.56..it is a wylde...call bill and ask him.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    So what is 334, the Spinal Tap version of 223?
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Just a typo obviously, but I didn't want to alter the actual post if I was quoting the guy.

Now I have to shoot 80s in my annoying ass Wylde Chamber to see what happens.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Just a typo obviously, but I didn't want to alter the actual post if I was quoting the guy.

I see 1/2 MOA groups at 300 yards with regularity.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post

Jesus what gun do we have that has a Wylde chamber? My old WOA SPR had one and shot great until it didn’t. That gun was strange.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Jesus what gun do we have that has a Wylde chamber? My old WOA SPR had one and shot great until it didn’t. That gun was strange.

PB
    That Iron Sight rifle stock gun of mine. White Oak barrel on it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    This is a response from a world class rifle builder who makes, amongst other things, Camp Perry rifles & barrels. I will not name him as I do not have permission, it was in response to my initial inquires about barrels on a rifle I was putting together at the time.

"The other thing I don't like about your barrel is the chamber. I use a lot of Wylde chambers. It is a great chamber where long seated 80 thru 90 gr. bullets are being used. Those bullets are seated out longer than mag. length and must be fed single by hand into the chamber. (I realize that is not practical in a hunting rifle.) The freebore on the Wylde causes mag. length ammo like your 77's to jump really long distances before they reach the lands. A new Wylde jumps 77's about .079" before they reach the lands. That much jump compromises groups! I try to not use chambers with that much jump. Where did you purchase this barrel? BTW, starting a barrel off with a chamber this long seriously shortens the life of the barrel."
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    So what is 334, the Spinal Tap version of 223?
    Ok, that made me laugh.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Interesting. I knew it was in-between the .223 and 5.56 chamber dimensions, and that it is supposed to be more accurate, but I did not know it was designed for longer 80 gr projectiles.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    Interesting. I knew it was in-between the .223 and 5.56 chamber dimensions, and that it is supposed to be more accurate, but I did not know it was designed for longer 80 gr projectiles.
    On a previous page I mentioned that the 223 Wylde was released in 1984 and the 80 grain Sierra MatchKing wasn't even invented until 1992.

All that is necessary for trolls to flourish, is for good men to do nothing.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast