Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Opinion - "Police Militarization Gave Us Uvalde"

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Univibe View Post
    If I were running things, I'd hire Yoni as my school security consultant!
    So, these guys did sign up for a firefight, or are they committing suicide too? Since what he said is never going to happen here, at least until the schools are run by more conservative folks that are willing to get violent, there really isn't a solution, is there?

If only someone was brave enough to engage...if only.

Maybe we should arm the kids, since nobody else is going to do anything.
    Last edited by TomMcC; 06-17-22 at 15:24.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    So, these guys did sign up for a firefight, or are they committing suicide too? Since what he said is never going to happen here, at least until the schools are run by more conservative folks that are willing to get violent, there really isn't a solution, is there?

If only someone was brave enough to engage...if only.

Maybe we should arm the kids, since nobody else is going to do anything.
    Some left-winger sardonically suggested just that!

More seriously, there's no way to know whether hiring combat veterans to protect schools would have any better outcome. I pack every day. Do I know what I would do if a mass shooting unfolded in front of me in the grocery store? Would I step up and take my chances to stop it, or would I hide behind a roll of paper towels? We all think we'd be johnny on the spot, but who knows what we'd do?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    Me thinks OP maybe didn't get enough sleep or hasn't taken his meds, because agreeing with that stupid article, no matter what side of the aisle you are on, is mental gymnastics.

Cops who are super militarized and super aggressive, ok. That leads to cops being too afraid to go in and deal with a problem? What?
    You're missing the point of the article. What he is saying is that we have given the police military gear and quasi military training which the police should not receive. This equipment and "training" causes two issues: 1) officers can start to look at the public as the enemy instead of citizens with the same rights that the officer has, 2) the quasi military training doesn't truly prepare officers for events like Uvalde. As a society we want our police to react to these events like they're Delta Force, but frankly they're not Delta Force, never will be Delta Force, and we should stop giving the police the impression that they are.
    A person who is not inwardly prepared for the use of violence against him is always weaker than the person committing the violence. - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    The cops you know should quit and go work at Starbucks with all the other vegan women.
    No shit. Obviously, Uvalde and Parkland prove cops like that exist but I don't know any, then again the cops I know are from the training world and have already demonstrated otherwise.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    If I were running things, I'd hire Yoni as my school security consultant!
    I am currently upgrading several school districts, while I wait for international business to come back post covid.

Feedback Score
    No… the author is a complete f*cking idiot…. Nobody expects cops to be CAG/DEVGRU etc…. We expect them to have the necessary training and equipment to forcibly enter a structure, and neutralize a deadly threat that is/was committing mass murder. This turd author is failing to understand that if it wasn’t for the excruciating number of violent assaults on law enforcement, involving superior weaponry and tactics, dating back to the 20’s and 30’s… they would’ve have a NEED for said “military” style weaponry/equipment.
    EATADIK.

Feedback Score
    We don't need tier 1 operators at the schools. What we need are people that have been tested in dangerous environments, in this case infantry or better vets of the GWOT that have gone down range.

Bad guy shows up and is engaged with accurate rifle fire.

School shootings are done forever

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Here's a question for you Lawmen. I promise I'm not "trolling" here; I really want to know this.

Let's say I'm a patrolman. I respond to a school shooting. I'm outside the building; shooting inside can be heard.

Supervising officer, Sergeant or Lieutenant or somebody in higher authority arrives. He orders me to draw my pistol and run into the building. I refuse, saying I'm not equipped and don't want to get shot.

It's possible I could get a reprimand out of this. If I do, would the Union back me up? What do y'all think would happen in this scenario?

Feedback Score
    Here again I have to disagree. Rushing into these situations is simply not what police agreed to do. (Or so the ones I know tell me). They signed up to do police work, e.g. arrest suspects, investigate crimes, patrol streets. Not to engage in spec-ops small unit actions against mass shooters. The fact that the Uvalde scenario has repeated itself many times in history is itself some proof that we are expecting policemen to do things they did not sign up for.
    You couldn’t be anymore wrong with that statement. Dude… this is the 21st century… unless you’ve been living under a rock, THEY know exactly what they could be asked to do…. Including responding to active shooters.
    EATADIK.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    I am currently upgrading several school districts, while I wait for international business to come back post covid.
    People in the business have been trying to get school districts on board with real solutions for years, few have listened and even fewer have acted. Maybe this time it will be different.

Cerberus Training Group and Fieldcraft Survival are currently offering free firearms training to any SRO (School Resource Officer), school staff and teachers. With active shooter training coming soon.

A lot of second guessing, finger pointing, and criticism...with some politics added in. Less talk, more doing. Cerberus Training Group has teamed up with Fieldcraft Survival, to provide free firearms training to any SRO (School Resource Officer), school staff and teachers. With active shooter training coming soon. We don't have all the answers, but we will be out there training school staff to be better prepared, both local and all over the Northwest.

Contact us direct for more information, all contacts will remain confidential.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast