Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shoulder bag

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Shoulder bag

I had a group of teenagers crash a stolen car in front of my house last night. I need a wake up at 0300 better system than my underwear for carrying extra magazines. What do you all suggest for a shoulder carry magazine satchel that can be secured quickly while deploying a rifle?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Us peacekeepers rapid deployment bag.
    Photos not loading, sorry.

Feedback Score
    If you think you will require more than the 30 rds in your AR to confront an issue on your front lawn, you would be better off moving ! To answer your question, a simple small sling bag from Patagonia or Eddie Bauer will work well, lightweight, discreet, and ripstop material.
    Last edited by Tanner; 06-18-22 at 08:41.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Check out the BFG Ten Speed 6-Pack Bandolier. Easy to throw over your shoulder. I keep one with just 3 mags in it handy.

https://www.blueforcegear.com/ten-sp...bandolier.html
    Honor Necessity

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    I’ve got 2 bags set up with 2 AR mags, 2 Pistol mags & a bleeder kit. My favorite is the the Blackhawk Tactical Handbag. Unfortunately, they are no longer in production. The other is the 5.11 2-BANGER BAG 3L. Good bag. Compact but it still has plenty of room for my needs. I don’t use for this but it has the added bonus of being able to CCW with it if needed.

https://www.511tactical.com/2-banger-bag.html

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thank you for all the suggestions. I appreciate the advice.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I use a Maxpedition Versipack. It has a pocket that is perfect for one 30 rd mag and I attached a HSGI taco mag pouch as well. Plenty of room for other stuff and I use mine for other purposes too. There are much cheaper similar packs, of course.

https://www.maxpedition.com/collecti...nt=25898234184

To be honest, though, in your use-case I would prefer a plate carrier (and plates) with a mag shingle. If you need more than a 30 rd mag, that means they are shooting back.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 06-18-22 at 12:26.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I am also seeing the wisdom in a plate. Wear em at work. Just avoiding at home use. For now....

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    https://hawkepaks.com/products/itoa-survival-kit

Most of the things mentioned I find are way to heavy/bulky.

This Hawkepak bag is my favorite and was developed as a quick grab bag with the basics for LEO.

I use these for many things, but they are ideal for a homeowner quick response with two to three mags, flashlight, etc.

They have a velcro flap on the back that you can sling it over your shoulder and then run the flap through your belt to keep them from swinging/flopping around if needed.

I can adjust the sling short and hang it over my headrest on the front or back side of my vehicle as needed. Or can unclip the sling and wrap it around a side-by-side rack or similar and reclip. It's just pretty flexible.

If you think you're going to be in a situation where you need more than two to three loaded mags, you do need to convert over to some kind of plate carrier which is way more bulky and less handy. But carries the weight better.

I also have the Tactical Tailor active shooter bag and full with loaded mags it's way too heavy and bulky. (Good bag for storage and transport though)

A lot of people try to turn these into miniature GO/get home bags and that is a trap I try to avoid.

There is a very small Tactical Tailor (milspec monkey) backpack that I use on almost any trip, and also have one in my vehicle with rain jacket, snacks, flashlight, multi-tool, etc. They were designed to piggyback onto larger packs and I have them set up where I can do that or have it hang from the back of my seat.

I also have accumulated some two and four mag issue MOLLE pouches with velcro or fastex covers that I keep handy. I like the full covers as they're going to be carried/stored a lot but used infrequently. And it keeps them from rattling against other things as well as keeps dirt and such out.

But the Illinois Tactical Officers Association bag (IOTA-A) from Hawkepak is still my favorite. I think I'll order another one in fact.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    One other tidbit on the IOTA bag: it is sized to carry six AR mags (two in the outside pockets, four inside the bag) plus a few other small items, though that's way heavier than normal use. But it makes a pretty compact transport bag in a useful form factor.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast