Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Early morning test

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Early morning test

Had a group of teenagers crash a stolen car in front of my home at 0300. Distance was about 80 yards. I knew I had time to grab an optic for plates and descriptions for my comrades in blue. It became very obvious to me that my forest of aimpoints and single option of a traditional Leupold on a Colt A4 presented a dilema. I need a LPVO on one of my carbines. For years I have always trained and believed that the simplicity of an Aimpoint on a carbine was good enough for me. That changed this morning when I realized that I needed an illuminated optic, with magnification for recon and target ID, with the ability to quickly transition to CQB. Why CQB? Because I lost sight of 2 of the kids after they had wiped down the car. If they would have seen me and flanked me in the brush, the 4x12 non illuminated Leupold on my full length A4 may have been an unfortunate choice. Time to do some shopping for an optic.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    You went chasing two kids into the brush because they crashed a car 80 yards from your house?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The tactical decision to chase multiple suspects doesn’t sound prudent. There is a time for “observe and report.” This sounds like one of those times.

And “comrades in blue?”

Do you mean brothers in blue? In all my time in LE, I don’t know of anyone I have worked with use the term “comrades” when describing others in LE.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    You went chasing two kids into the brush because they crashed a car 80 yards from your house?
    With a screen name of krazykarl are you surprised?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Chasing?? No way man! I was observing from my front porch and kitchen window. No foot pursuit barefoot and in my briefs!!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by john armond View Post
    The tactical decision to chase multiple suspects doesn’t sound prudent. There is a time for “observe and report.” This sounds like one of those times.

And “comrades in blue?”

Do you mean brothers in blue? In all my time in LE, I don’t know of anyone I have worked with use the term “comrades” when describing others in LE.
    It's all good comrade.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazykarl View Post
    Chasing?? No way man! I was observing from my front porch and kitchen window. No foot pursuit barefoot and in my briefs!!
    Binoculars. Buy some.

That way you can observe lots of things without aiming a firearm at them.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Instead of binoculars, night vision would have fit the bill nicely.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Vortex makes some excellent Bino's.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    Vortex makes some excellent Bino's.
    That no fun, gotta whip out the LPVO equipped AR to over-watch those little punks.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast