Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shooting through auto glass......how high/low?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Great thread guys, just wanted to say thanks to all whom have contributed. I have wondered these scenarios often, now I know I still don't know shit and there are not real good "ideal" options. Especially if there is precious cargo on board. Some situations just kinda suck.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    So my understanding is that shooting through auto glass from the outside you should aim high. Shooting from inside you should aim low. How high or low are we talking? i.e. (from the outside) aim at the head to hit the neck? Aim at the head to hit COM? Aim at the head to hit the crotch?
    Even with bonded ammo like Gold Dot 64gr I had horrific results at even close distances when shooting through windshields to the outside. You punch a few through, jam the muzzle or can through the hole made, and THEN engage effectively, unless they are literally on the hood.

Feedback Score
    Guys and Gals, lets make this simple. I don't care if your shooting through auto glass, or just shooting the bad guy.

The things that will allow you to go home are as follows.

1. Situational Awareness

2. Tactics

3. Shoot as accurately as you can, and shoot until you have eliminated the threat.

As I have posted earlier in this thread we cheated by using the Uzi rounds in our pistols.

Feedback Score
    From the inside, get a hole and keep shooting through it as best as possible; going to get a lot of little bits coming back at you so if no glasses, be prepared for that. Don't forget to let your mates in the car know as it's LOUD. It doesn't seem that most are expecting you to shoot back before exiting the vehicle so you may get a brief element of surprise.

From the outside, it does vary based on the windshield; general rule of thumb I saw earlier, it'll impact lower than you think from the outside. However, on the plus side, there's a reason vehicles are called "bullet magnets," you can see exactly where you need to correct. "Accuracy by volume" is a term I've heard thrown around when talking about this subject and translates well into actual practice.

For your other list; I know the Barnes rounds, other than the 50 grainers loaded by Black Hills, sheer petals pretty badly through stuff like windshields so it wouldn't be a top choice for me.
    "Why "zombies"? Because calling it 'training to stop a rioting, starving, panicking, desperate mob after a complete governmental financial collapse apocalypse' is just too wordy." or in light of current events: training to stop a rioting, looting, molotov cocktail throwing, skinny jeans wearing, uneducated bunch of lemmings duped by, or working directly for, a marxist organization attempting to tear down America while hiding behind a race-based name

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123