Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: If SCOTUS is ruling on NYSPA v Bruen itíll happen this Tuesday or Thursday.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel556 View Post
    Can someone explain how this will affect the bill that got sent to the senate just this week? S. 2938.
    For the moment, probably very little. Providing funding for school security and improving background check systems are the main focuses of the bill from what I understand. The part about red flag laws probably couldn't be challenged under the 2nd Amendment, as it's only a provision to fund states that want to enact certain red flag laws. Those laws, however, will no doubt come under scrutiny as to whether or not they're consistent with the 2nd, 4th, and 14th Amendments.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

thereís some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And itís worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    I think the under 21 thing is just about more scrutiny when you do a background check? Like more money for the states to put in juvenile offender data? Wait till they figure out the racial disparity on that. As far as I can tell this doesn’t affect me in Colorado at all. Pretty much everything they’re asking for we have that and worse already. I never even knew of the boyfriend loophole. My wife seem to know a lot about it for some reason. But is the net is a lot more money for mental health and better scrutiny on crazy kids that’s good. Not saying I’m happy with his passing at all.

Maybe I’m just too giddy from all the rest of the big wins this week.
    I just did two lines of powdered wig powder, cranked up some Lee Greenwood, and recited the BoR. - Outlander Systems

I'm a professional WAGer - WillBrink /// "Comey is a smarmy, self righteous mix of J. Edgar Hoover and a gay Lurch from the "Adams Family"." -Averageman

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011