Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: When the Lies Come Home

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Post When the Lies Come Home

“Ground-combat forces that immobilize soldiers in prepared defenses will be identified, targeted, and destroyed from a distance. When persistent overhead intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance assets, whether manned or unmanned, are linked to precision guided-strike weapons or modern artillery systems informed by accurate targeting data, ‘holding ground’ is fatal to any ground force.”

https://www.theamericanconservative....ies-come-home/

Feedback Score
    I read that yesterday and believe every bit of it.

Russia has also hinted to as much when saying 'if the heavy weapons shipments continue then 'decision making centers' will be struck'. Not an exact quote but the jist of it anyway.

Kiev has been spared so far but I believe that will soon change as we send them more and more western weapons.

Waiting for the peanut gallery to arrive and tell us more garbage about how 'Russia has already used up all their advanced weapons' bullcrap...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Pretty bleak analysis for the Ukrainians. When your country is invaded, destroyed, and you really can't strike back at the other countries heartland, the writing is probably on the wall. I wonder what the counsel to Biden was from the JCS, and Austin? Did they say it was a lost cause and he ignored them or did they tell him to dump billions into it thinking that would bring victory?

Feedback Score
    Due to very bad intelligence, Russia was using a very un Russian type tactics at the start of the war. They now have reverted to classic Russian/Soviet/Russian tactics.

The current style of fighting has been russian since the time of the Czars.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    While I have no doubt that the Russians have the firepower to destroy most Ukrainian positions if given enough time, the article reads like straight Russian propaganda, without little connection to reality.

“holding ground” is fatal to any ground force
    That's just dumb. Like, seriously, holding ground is what ground forces do. Even in offensive missions, you take AND HOLD positions in preparation for follow-on operations. Sure, sitting still and letting the enemy just pound you into oblivion with artillery isn't the best strategy, but I can't say I've seen a ton of that. The reemergence of trench warfare and a moonscape isn't a sign of immediate Ukrainian collapse; rather it indicates that the Russian drive has lost its energy, and things are bogging down just as they did in 2014. (and 1914 for that matter)

Moscow is also likely to secure Kharkov and Odessa, two cities that are historically Russian and Russian-speaking, as well as the territory that adjoins them.
    Unless the evil Western media has been able to cover up A LOT of Russian gains recently, Odessa is in no danger of falling any time soon, and the Ukrainians have made more recent gains near Kharkov than the Russians have. Even the Lysychansk pocket is still open, despite repeated claims of it soon to be a cauldron. While I'm sure the propagandists will ignore this, for everyone else, you can keep apprised of current events and where they are happening thanks to the live conflict map.

https://liveuamap.com/

There has been little change in recent weeks, and that's is backed up by pretty much every source I have found that isn't spouting blatant propaganda.

Whether the fighting stops in the early fall will depend on two key factors. The first involves the leadership in Kiev. Will the Zelensky government consent to the Biden program for perpetual conflict with Russia?

If the Biden administration has its way, Kiev will continue to operate as a base for the buildup of new forces poised to threaten Moscow. In practice, this means Kiev must commit national suicide by exposing the Ukrainian heartland west of the Dnieper River to massive, devastating strikes by Russia’s long-range missile and rocket forces.

Of course, these developments are not inevitable. Berlin, Paris, Rome, Budapest, Bucharest, Sofia, Vilnius, Riga, Tallin, and, yes, even Warsaw, do not have to blindly follow Washington’s lead. Europeans, like most Americans, are already peering into the abyss of an all-encompassing economic downturn that Biden’s policies are creating at home. Unlike Americans who must cope with the consequences of Biden’s ill-conceived policies, European governments can opt out of Biden’s perpetual-war plan for Ukraine.
    I figured this bit was worth quoting, just for how ludicrous it sounds. I'm no fan of Biden; the sooner he's out of the White House and into a nursing home, the better. But this is just stupid. Ukraine is the base to threaten Moscow? The US is dragging the Baltic States and Poland along in our never-ending quest to attack Russia? Idiotic, but hardly surprising for someone who has been a Russian shill for years. Good to know he's an objective, an honest statesman who just happens to have been against NATO intervention in Kosovo, Russian annexation of the Donbas in 2014, and thinks the Russians have been "too gentle."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Douglas_Macgregor#Views
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    Pretty bleak analysis for the Ukrainians. When your country is invaded, destroyed, and you really can't strike back at the other countries heartland, the writing is probably on the wall. I wonder what the counsel to Biden was from the JCS, and Austin? Did they say it was a lost cause and he ignored them or did they tell him to dump billions into it thinking that would bring victory?
    1) Biden is not making any important decisions. Other people make the decisions and tell him what they are. Some of his off-the-cuff remarks indicate that despite his dementia he is well aware that he's not really president and not really in charge. If he hadn't been a sleazebag his entire adult life I would feel sorry for him.

2) The goal was never to save Ukraine. The goal was to harm Russia as much as possible, in the hopes of making it another NWO/Globalist client state. Some people may have thought this was achievable, others didn't care because they wanted economic disruption for other aspects of the "Great Reset" plan.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    The war went so badly for the Russians at the start that now that the Ukrainians aren't "balls in their face dunking" on them the Pro-Russians will start doomsaying again. It's going to be a slog but the Ukrainians will win.

I am curious what will happen when the price of oil collapses during the recession.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    Every former Eastern Bloc country has a common disdain for Russia because the memories from USSR are still fresh. No one wants to return to that. Growing up, I had relatives always talking about how life was under Russian control. Some of the stuff they did was so sick you never even saw it in movies.

The "NWO/Globohomo's are taking over the world and Putin is the only one that can stop it" argument is just as ridiculous as lizard people and moon Nazis.

Nothing is black and white, and there's always going to be some degree of corruption in every government. But the countries in eastern Europe are sovereign today and have no desire to going back to being under Russian control. Like mentioned above, Biden isn't "dragging" them into anything, they're seeing right in front of them that another sovereign country is being invaded. And have every reason to believe that they are next.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Interesting read. Thank you. I found especially interesting links in the article which extensively document glorification of Nazi collaborators and holocaust perpetrators in present-day Ukraine.

I obviously don't know how accurate his reports are, but Seth Harp (investigative reporter and Iraq Vet) paints a picture I've suspected a long time ago:
    https://twitter.com/sethharpesq/stat...C-0ZGsy5cqAAAA

https://twitter.com/sethharpesq/stat...C90e-Us7IqAAAA

This clearly shows any article which has "according to Ukrainian sources/officials" can not be trusted.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    NATO is a sham, and we will watch as the outliers are picked off one by one because cold feet dominate NATO.
    It is in Europe's interest to help Ukraine as it was Crimea ect, but they are scared and flooded with the detritus
    from our wars in the middle east.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast