Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: When the Lies Come Home

Feedback Score
    Lot of folks here are not up to date on current events I guess...

China is moving away from Russia because "commercial ties between Russia and China are being impacted by sanctions triggered by the war."

"On Tuesday, Russia's biggest bank, Sberbank, temporarily suspended cross-border transactions in the Chinese yuan."

"The European Union has also cut the bank from the SWIFT global banking system."

"Chinese banks were afraid to circumvent the measures for fear of facing fines for violating U.S. law."

"Also on Tuesday, Russia's state news agency RIA reported that Chinese multinational corporation Huawei had begun to close official retail outlets in Russia"

"China abstained on a February 25 United Nations Security Council resolution denouncing the invasion that had begun the previous day."

"Chinese government policy was was one of "declaring neutrality, supporting Putin, and paying no prices.

"The last implies that China would not risk secondary sanctions. So, what Huawei is doing is in line with the overall policy. Chinese companies tend to be more conservative over the risk of secondary sanctions, so it is just playing safe."

"Chinese banks announced the cancellation of letters of credit to Russian counterparts"

"Chinese financial institutions have begun to distance themselves from the Russian economy."

https://www.newsweek.com/china-russi...huawei-1714236
    Religion is doing what you are told no matter what is right. Morality is doing what is right no matter what you are told...

Feedback Score
    US thanks Turkey for shutting down Black Sea straits for warships

https://www.euractiv.com/section/glo...-for-warships/

UK ministers in Turkey discuss fighter jet deals, NATO policy

https://www.arabnews.com/node/2110076/middle-east
    Religion is doing what you are told no matter what is right. Morality is doing what is right no matter what you are told...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    Call me out on it, sport. I'll explain whatever you want explained.
    Alright, "Sport", do you fit the description I provided? If so, explain how you can claim to "hate both sides" and then praise Russia/Putin for all the great things it has done.

Now, aside from being a bit of a condescending asshole with that "sport" bit, and not being able to understand a point, even when multiple people have tried and used examples, I don't recall you being one of the major Russian propagandists here. If you feel called out by my post, or are bucking for Mjilnoir's spot, feel free to explain.
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha-17 View Post
    If so, explain how you can claim to "hate both sides" and then praise Russia/Putin for all the great things it has done.
    This is how I picture these guys.

1vyhe4.jpg

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Try again.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha-17 View Post
    Alright, "Sport", do you fit the description I provided? If so, explain how you can claim to "hate both sides" and then praise Russia/Putin for all the great things it has done.

Now, aside from being a bit of a condescending asshole with that "sport" bit, and not being able to understand a point, even when multiple people have tried and used examples, I don't recall you being one of the major Russian propagandists here. If you feel called out by my post, or are bucking for Mjilnoir's spot, feel free to explain.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tn1911 View Post
    Lot of folks here are not up to date on current events I guess...
    You finally got something right!

Europe has increased the amount of crude oil it is importing from Russia, Bloomberg reported this week. That’s despite an EU embargo agreed less than a month ago.

Oil refineries on the continent purchased 1.84 million barrels a day of Russian crude last week, Bloomberg reported, citing tanker tracking data, adding that it was the third consecutive weekly increase and the highest level that Europe, including Turkey, received in almost two months.
    Earlier this month The Economist reported that the supply of Russian oil to the European Union rose by 14% between January and April, despite the continent’s pledge to wind down imports.
    Argentina wants the BRICS emerging economies to admit it as a full member, President Alberto Fernandez said on Friday at the group’s 14th summit.

“Argentina wants to join this space and offer its contributions as a member of it,” Fernandez said via video link.

The BRICS nations, comprising Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa, account for over 40 percent of the global population and nearly a quarter of the world’s gross domestic product.

The 14th BRICS summit was hosted by China, which currently holds the rotating presidency.

Following the conference call, the President of Senegal and AU Chairperson, Macky Sall, indicated that Africa’s position of neutrality over the conflict remains unchanged. Roughly half of African states refused to support the UN General Assembly’s resolution to condemn Russia’s actions in Ukraine, and no country on the continent has so far joined the sanctions.
    Sales of Russian oil to India have multiplied by at least fifty times in the last three months, and now make up 10% of the nation’s total imports, according to a senior government official quoted by The Economic Times.

“It is now among the top ten suppliers,” the official told the Indian business daily on Thursday.

Feedback Score
    Try again.
    Why can that guy not make a comment without personal insults or juvenile namecalling?

(Not really a question - I already know the answer)

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

When the Lies Come Home

Quote Originally Posted by w3453l View Post
    Every former Eastern Bloc country has a common disdain for Russia because the memories from USSR are still fresh. No one wants to return to that. Growing up, I had relatives always talking about how life was under Russian control. Some of the stuff they did was so sick you never even saw it in movies.
    I’m in Bucharest as I type this and can confirm the Romanian love for Americans as well as the utter disdain for Russia and Communism.

Did I forget to mention 85% of Romanian women are smoking hot?

“I spit on Putin” is a common refrain.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

When the Lies Come Home

Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    I’m in Bucharest as I type this and can confirm the Romanian love for Americans as well as the utter disdain for Russia and Communism.

Did I forget to mention 85% of Romanian women are smoking hot?

“I spit on Putin” is a common refrain.
    Yeah… had I not traveled to the Baltics and Ukraine for work, I would’ve assumed they were all basically little Russia. But now I realize that some of them are so opposed to that thought that saying something like that could get you ****ed up real quick. Kind of like in The Patriot when Mel Gibson says God save the King inside the tavern…

But Wikipedia won’t tell you that stuff. Nor will it say anything about the mindset of their soldiers…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Wake27; 06-25-22 at 17:47.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Exactly.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast