Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: When the Lies Come Home

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Your three recent posts here have already convinced me that you’re not even worth talking to about this.
    Hahahahaha! That is a child's response. How F'ing funny.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tn1911 View Post
    Lot of folks here are not up to date on current events I guess...

China is moving away from Russia because "commercial ties between Russia and China are being impacted by sanctions triggered by the war."

"On Tuesday, Russia's biggest bank, Sberbank, temporarily suspended cross-border transactions in the Chinese yuan."

"The European Union has also cut the bank from the SWIFT global banking system."

"Chinese banks were afraid to circumvent the measures for fear of facing fines for violating U.S. law."

"Also on Tuesday, Russia's state news agency RIA reported that Chinese multinational corporation Huawei had begun to close official retail outlets in Russia"

"China abstained on a February 25 United Nations Security Council resolution denouncing the invasion that had begun the previous day."

"Chinese government policy was was one of "declaring neutrality, supporting Putin, and paying no prices.

"The last implies that China would not risk secondary sanctions. So, what Huawei is doing is in line with the overall policy. Chinese companies tend to be more conservative over the risk of secondary sanctions, so it is just playing safe."

"Chinese banks announced the cancellation of letters of credit to Russian counterparts"

"Chinese financial institutions have begun to distance themselves from the Russian economy."

https://www.newsweek.com/china-russi...huawei-1714236
    Interesting. So Newsweek is your authoritative source?

China is doing the minimum to to appease the west. When Beijing comes out and denounces Russia, I'll agree that the tides have turned.

The US/EU is putting every bit of pressure, ethical, and unethical on all countries that won't bend to their arm twisting. This in no way legitimizes what the US and EU are doing. The US is overplaying their hand and it is/will come back to bite us. Biden's administration is completely inept and ham fisted. The US doesn't have the support of a majority of the world, and our illegitimate use of our reserve currency and control of the banking system is being closely observed by the rest of the World. Countries are in the process of looking for ways out.

The immoral use of Ukraine as fodder in a proxy war, destroying Ukraine, shows how far the US has fallen.
    Last edited by ScottsBad; 06-25-22 at 20:56.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottsBad View Post
    Hahahahaha! That is a child's response. How F'ing funny.
    What’s childish is how sure of everything you are. Again, just ignorance pouring out of every crevice of this place from people that probably don’t know shit but think they have it all figured out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tn1911 View Post
    US thanks Turkey for shutting down Black Sea straits for warships

https://www.euractiv.com/section/glo...-for-warships/

UK ministers in Turkey discuss fighter jet deals, NATO policy

https://www.arabnews.com/node/2110076/middle-east
    That's a laugh the first report was from March 1 and never happened. It was a false report like so many.

The second report is funny too, you apparently haven't been keeping up, Turkey has been playing both sides since the beginning. They've been trying to get fighter jets from the West and Russian anti-aircraft missiles from Russia.

In the mean time, Turkey is blocking Finland and Sweden from joining NATO.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...den/ar-AAYKIrT

Turkey is in it for Turkey, they don't give a flying F about Ukraine, and its obvious if you pay attention to what's happening. Turkey has been friends with Russia for a very long time, I think Turkey plays Europe for whatever it can get out of it.

The bottom line is that if things don't take a dramatic turn, most serious neutral analysts believe Russia is going to take Ukraine. Forget about the TV generals, they are reporting propaganda. BTW Kissinger wrote in NYT about the fact that Russia will take Ukraine and it'll be too late to do anything about it in a couple months. He suggested diplomacy now. This was a couple weeks ago. Apparently that path has been rejected by some, even though, reportedly, Macron has urged negotiations. The Brits urged Ukraine to fight and promise to train troops. Boris Johson personally went to Ukraine to tell Zelensky that.

Boris Johnson came back screaming WW3 and asked his Generals to prepare....WTF. How crazy is that? I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen the Brit equivalent of Mark Milley on TV confirming it. Of course Johnson is a dweeb and he is about to be ousted by his own party, so who knows what kinda crazy crap he's smoking. Scary though.

The whole thing is a mess.

As much as I hate Kissinger, I believe he was right at the time and I believe it now. I'd say there is a 70% chance Russia controls Ukraine before 2023. What happens to Russia and Putin after that is another story.
    Last edited by ScottsBad; 06-26-22 at 05:08.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    What’s childish is how sure of everything you are. Again, just ignorance pouring out of every crevice of this place from people that probably don’t know shit but think they have it all figured out.
    You are projecting.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    You are projecting.
    I’m really not. I am an idiot though, I’ll give you that. I said you weren’t worth talking to about this and didn’t take my own advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Russia will take Ukraine and it'll be too late to do anything about it in a couple months.
    OK... I tell you what, I'll bet your anti-American, putin loving, communist sympathizing a$$ a steak dinner at Morton's you're wrong.

In fact, if I buy you a one way ticket to Moscow tonight will you leave and promise to never come back?

Maybe volunteer to fight for your beloved mother russia???
    Last edited by tn1911; 06-25-22 at 22:10.
    Religion is doing what you are told no matter what is right. Morality is doing what is right no matter what you are told...

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    S
    The bottom line is that if things don't take a dramatic turn, most serious neutral analysts believe Russia is going to take Ukraine.
    What? They are breaking their backs taking neighborhoods and the western heavy weapons are just arriving. I can't see any non-nuclear scenario where Russia takes Ukraine. Now, I can see the Ukrainians being willing to cede some territory to gain time, but losing the whole shebang? NFW.

Even tass is starting to report/hint about "pre-Feb" borders being a victory. https://tass.com/world/1470809
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Guys, there’s no way Ukraine won’t capitulate if the present course continues.

Whether the negotiated settlement is a ceding of the Donbas, or the total and complete destruction of the UAF is solely at the discretion of the Ukraine, but, this is going to end with Russia getting what it wants from the Ukraine.

Feel free to quote this post, screenshot it, whatever, and mock me now, mock me later. Call me a “CoMmIe,” a “PuTLeR LoVeR,” it will roll of my back like water off a raincoat; but, at the end of this, you’ll be calling me right.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    Guys, there’s no way Ukraine won’t capitulate if the present course continues.

Whether the negotiated settlement is a ceding of the Donbas, or the total and complete destruction of the UAF is solely at the discretion of the Ukraine, but, this is going to end with Russia getting what it wants from the Ukraine.

Feel free to quote this post, screenshot it, whatever, and mock me now, mock me later. Call me a “CoMmIe,” a “PuTLeR LoVeR,” it will roll of my back like water off a raincoat; but, at the end of this, you’ll be calling me right.

Well that isn't much of an claim. You are saying "if the present course continues." Which is a pretty big escape hatch.There is very little likelihood the Russians will get what they originally wanted.

But realistically, this will likely grind to a halt with the parties being close to the original borders. This whole project will end as an incredible boondoggle for the Russians.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast