Quote Originally Posted by TMS951 View Post
Maybe the response wasn’t for you?
As the OP, unless quoting someone, I will assume it's directed me.

You’ve already had a smattering of SMEs chime in to tell you about physics, gun handling and that very few cans are rated for a barrel that short (you know those physics you are dead set on ignoring).
I ignored nothing what so ever, no one offered any "physics" that I was unable to address, and or was not aware of, and several claims made such as velocity below expansion thresholds, etc, were easily shown to be incorrect dependent on the load. The most relevant comment as it applies the topic, was whether the velocity reaches that capable of the terminal ballistics capable of wounding mechanisms via cavitational forces of temp-> perm cavity. That was discussed, was not settled, but not the least bit ignored.

Sources supplied by one member was in fact countered by their own source (that is, the source claim the effect happened at lower velocity with soft point hunting rnds) but I think that one needs more exploration and research. Claiming I "ignored" the physic supplied false. I'm not an SME on terminal ballistics, but I can hold my own with anyone here on that topic, and have researched that one for decades, and research, is in fact my lane.

Gun handling, lots of members are SMEs, I am not. They didn't seem to offer any thoughts that seemed counter to my uses/goals. If there was something specific I missed on that, didn't address, point it out. That's how I/we learn...

Can rating, spoke to someone who is an SME on the topic and they said that's a liability issue vs functional issue, or safety issue per se and have put lots of rnd through all manner of barrel lengths short and longer than 7.5, without any issues, with usual caveats like cans with more back pressure, etc. They did recommend sticking with rated cans due to possible warranty issues, not functional nor safety. I can't confirm accuracy, as I'm not SME on cans, hence the OP asking some Qs.

Also you’re title is misleading. When you say ‘SBR’ people may think this thread was going to discuss useful weapons. You should rename it ‘VSBR’ so people know it’s a thread about range toys.
And again, I'd respond utility of your post of no value other then to (claim falsely) that I ignored the responses, and that's simply not accurate, especially as it pertains to the physics/terminal ballistics aspects.