Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3240414243 LastLast

Thread: What cans are we using on SBRs and AR pistols?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I know it probably doesn’t mean much, but I realized that conjugal visits are often overrated. Unless it’s a real range where you can do stuff, standing behind the table in your little cubby to shoot a suppressed AR at an indoor range is meh. I think I only did it three times in the full 9-11 months that I was waiting for my first can and now, I don’t even care that I don’t have that option with my second and third that are still in jail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I think if you've done it all long enough, it's meh under all circumstances I find. Good for reliability testing and such, and that's about it.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I know it probably doesn’t mean much, but I realized that conjugal visits are often overrated. Unless it’s a real range where you can do stuff, standing behind the table in your little cubby to shoot a suppressed AR at an indoor range is meh. I think I only did it three times in the full 9-11 months that I was waiting for my first can and now, I don’t even care that I don’t have that option with my second and third that are still in jail.
    I don't even shoot the cans I DO own/have. They're safe paper weights. I might enjoy a light over bore K can on an AR, but for the most part, I hate suppressed ARs.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I don't necessarily disagree with this given my short experience with can conjugals. I got my 30 cal can in and got it set up on the two rifles it was destined for but shooting it indoors really isn't fun. It's a novelty from time to time but not an every range trip thing. The 22 can, for some reason, is still a hoot to shoot at the range and the one I "visit" the most. When my 5.56 can comes in I'll probably do the same. Get it set up, determine POI shift given the limitations of an indoor range, then take it out from time to time until the stamp gets approved and we can go outside and do more run and gun type stuff.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I forgot I even started this thread it took so f-ing long. Anyway, finally got can on AR PDW, and got 100rnds done without issues. Sort of.

Range close by only allows you to use their ammo in rifle range. The PDW has been 100% reliable with all ammo to date at approx 500rnd. It would not feed their garbage ammo. They gave me some chit about maybe it needed cleaning, no one had issues, yada yada. So I purchased some winchester white box, bet them if the white box ran flawless, could I exchange their crap ammo for white box, they said OK. As expected, box of winchester ran flawless, and they gave me that to continue with. The OSS can had zero blow back or issues. It did seem to me the can caused POI to shift a tad to the left at 25y, so may need to adjust that. It's interesting to note it does not sound all that less quiet until you try it without for comparison, then it's very obvious. Clearly ear protection is a must indoors can or no. There's an outdoor range 30-40s mins away, hope to see what that's like at some point. It aint quiet like the MP5 with integrated suppressor I shot via buddy in tac team before they went to Colt Commandos. That thing was silly quiet.

I will chrono the PDW with can at some point and see what kinda juice it has.

Also, the Wilson SFT9 is so silly accurate and easy to shoot you can do things you can't with other pistols, like point shoot without using the sites and be right where you want, at least from typical combat distances. It's kinda freaky. I am tempted to add a RDS to it as I finally got the feel for that via my HKvp9.

The set up: https://imgur.com/a/TBEPL7n
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch110 View Post
    I don't necessarily disagree with this given my short experience with can conjugals. I got my 30 cal can in and got it set up on the two rifles it was destined for but shooting it indoors really isn't fun. It's a novelty from time to time but not an every range trip thing. The 22 can, for some reason, is still a hoot to shoot at the range and the one I "visit" the most. When my 5.56 can comes in I'll probably do the same. Get it set up, determine POI shift given the limitations of an indoor range, then take it out from time to time until the stamp gets approved and we can go outside and do more run and gun type stuff.
    Once you have the basics down, indoor range is boring as chit, only good for gun function testing I find. Back in the day when ammo was cheap and never ending, I'd still go regularly to local range and such, these days not worth the $. I do miss IDPA that was very popular in the NE, surprisingly not in FL.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    I forgot I even started this thread it took so f-ing long. Anyway, finally got can on AR PDW, and got 100rnds done without issues. Sort of.

Range close by only allows you to use their ammo in rifle range. The PDW has been 100% reliable with all ammo to date at approx 500rnd. It would not feed their garbage ammo. They gave me some chit about maybe it needed cleaning, no one had issues, yada yada. So I purchased some winchester white box, bet them if the white box ran flawless, could I exchange their crap ammo for white box, they said OK. As expected, box of winchester ran flawless, and they gave me that to continue with. The OSS can had zero blow back or issues. It did seem to me the can caused POI to shift a tad to the left at 25y, so may need to adjust that. It's interesting to note it does not sound all that less quiet until you try it without for comparison, then it's very obvious. Clearly ear protection is a must indoors can or no. There's an outdoor range 30-40s mins away, hope to see what that's like at some point. It aint quiet like the MP5 with integrated suppressor I shot via buddy in tac team before they went to Colt Commandos. That thing was silly quiet.

Also, the Wilson SFT9 is so silly accurate and easy to shoot you can do things you can't with other pistols, like point shoot without using the sites and be right where you want, at least from typical combat distances. It's kinda freaky. I am tempted to add a RDS to it as I finally got the feel for that via my HKvp9.

Damn...didn't we order around the same time. Mine are still in jail. Hopefully I get the notice soon.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    Damn...didn't we order around the same time. Mine are still in jail. Hopefully I get the notice soon.
    It's total BS that one has to wait for the gubment to approve of your interest to protect your hearing. I really think if someone were to bring a suit based on that, some OSHA related case, they'd win. That's another one that will fall if/when it gets tested as there's zero reason suppressors are controlled by the ATF, and that, and the silly costs involved, were why I resisted doing it for so long.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post

Congrats man! Glad you finally got to shoot it.

I'm not surprised it's not all that quiet, to be fair. The can is longer than the barrel. And even if it weren't, AR's are just never quiet. As I mentioned in a previous post, make sure you're doubling up on your hearing pro. May not be absolutely necessary, but it definitely helps.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    Congrats man! Glad you finally got to shoot it.

I'm not surprised it's not all that quiet, to be fair. The can is longer than the barrel. And even if it weren't, AR's are just never quiet. As I mentioned in a previous post, make sure you're doubling up on your hearing pro. May not be absolutely necessary, but it definitely helps.
    Without the can, I do double up. With the can or pistols and such, the high quality muffs seem plenty adequate to me. I will say I can't get used the active muffs as my brain is convinced the noise reaches my ears before they can shut off the sound. Never been able to get used the actives.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I don't even shoot the cans I DO own/have. They're safe paper weights. I might enjoy a light over bore K can on an AR, but for the most part, I hate suppressed ARs.
    Thank you, I'm glad I'm not the only one who has cans they don't use. I have form ones that I haven't even built for cans yet!!!!
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3240414243 LastLast