Page 12 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: What cans are we using on SBRs and AR pistols?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    That's called hearing loss.
    What’d you say?????

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    I'm sure this has been said, but what's the length difference between a 10.5" with a Turbo K and a 7.5" with any can actually rated for that barrel length? And for what price premium over the Turbo K? That, of course, does not even consider how much more effective the suppression will be with the 10.5" as well as the additional ballistic capability, whether needed today or not.

For example, my 12.5 with Turbo K (and YHM's kurz mount) is shorter than my 11.5 with M4-2000.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBigBR View Post
    I'm sure this has been said, but what's the length difference between a 10.5" with a Turbo K and a 7.5" with any can actually rated for that barrel length? And for what price premium over the Turbo K? That, of course, does not even consider how much more effective the suppression will be with the 10.5" as well as the additional ballistic capability, whether needed today or not.

For example, my 12.5 with Turbo K (and YHM's kurz mount) is shorter than my 11.5 with M4-2000.
    I had a similar thought. Seems like once you start going really short on the barrel length, the suppressors rated for that length start getting heavier and longer. The new Dead Air Sierra 5 seems to almost be an exception, however, as it's just a little heavier and longer than the Turbo K. Albeit for almost twice the price (the Turbo K can be had for $375 if you look). To each his own as always though.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Still running my Surefire Socom. I have had .308 for .556 versions forever and they are unstoppable beasts.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    There are so many good cans to buy these days, you just have to find a LGS that has shit in stock then buy from a reputable company with good mounting options. I have become a fan of DT cans as of late.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I run a saker k on an 11.7 barrel but I just got a deal on a socom mini 2 so I’m switching to that once the atf approves. The saker is noticeable quite with the can on. It’s almost manageable without ear plugs.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    In KeyMO configuration, the Sierra 5 is 1/2" shorter and 2.5 oz lighter than the Sandman-S.

It is slightly quieter on 556 with similar back pressure as the Sandman-S.

The Sierra 5 is also has 1-3/8x24 "HUB" threads, so it gets shorter and lighter in Xeno or direct thread configurations.

Without mount, the Sierra 5 is 1/8" longer and 2 oz heavier than the Turbo-K.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...-air-sierra-5/

Thanks, I had not seen this review.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Discussing grip screws seems highly intellectual compared to discussing a 7.5” 5.56 AR for HD.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS951 View Post
    Discussing grip screws seems highly intellectual compared to discussing a 7.5” 5.56 AR for HD.
    I did not find your response helpful and or added any useful data points to the thread.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    I did not find your response helpful and or added any useful data points to the thread.
    Maybe the response wasn’t for you?

You’ve already had a smattering of SMEs chime in to tell you about physics, gun handling and that very few cans are rated for a barrel that short (you know those physics you are dead set on ignoring).

Also you’re title is misleading. When you say ‘SBR’ people may think this thread was going to discuss useful weapons. You should rename it ‘VSBR’ so people know it’s a thread about range toys.

Page 12 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast