Page 14 of 43 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: What cans are we using on SBRs and AR pistols?

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    He’d unironically be better served with a .45 LC or .44 Magnum revolver.

There is a reason no one serious on the planet uses 7.5” 5.56 guns.

Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    You dont get acceptable performance from much in a 7.5" 223 barrel. The only load I know if is the 50gr tsx.

https://youtu.be/31oE-_ZFJGs

Points 2, 3, and 4 of that post are false from what I can tell. Besides tsx, what is giving you > pistol performance? The vid above shows on par or worse than pistol.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    You dont get acceptable performance from much in a 7.5" 223 barrel. The only load I know if is the 50gr tsx.

https://youtu.be/31oE-_ZFJGs

Points 2, 3, and 4 of that post are false from what I can tell. Besides tsx, what is giving you > pistol performance? The vid above shows on par or worse than pistol.
    That is not supported by the evidence, and that rnd, sure as hell didn't fail however, unless you consider 16" penetration, full expansion, and 100% weight retention, a failure...

Again, my only real concern in this issue, is if there's added hydrostatic wounding mechanisms involved also. That's a legit aspect of the discussion.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    Pinellas County SWAT bro.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Pinellas County SWAT bro.
    I don't know anything about them, but I do know SWAT teams range considerably from legit HSLD types, to little more than wanna be ninjas in cool gear. Not my lane, but I'd question the value and utility of 7.5" vs 10-12" for a LE tac team, and I do know there's various now running 7.5" in addition to who you mentioned. Their recs, wants, etc differ from mine obviously.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    ...and there's a reason that only meme tier manufacturers like PSA and Springfield offer them.

A 7.5" 5.56 offers you zero advantages over a 10.3 and all the disadvantages.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    That is false, as all metrics supplied demonstrates, and now we are into cognitive dissonance by smart people who should know better. Was truer in the past, things change, and did. Such a gun is superior to any handgun, and pistol carbine, and any PDW I can think of, warts and all.

You're simply incorrect on that, as is anyone claiming same. I supplied the evidence, no one countered it with any convincing evidence, and no one will. Per above, I'm open to learning from anyone who can supply metrics/data/sources that counter what I said, but "just cuz" and being talked down by some, ya, no.

I will continue to research the only relevant issue this topic as it applies to me, and that's cavitational wounding mechanisms that make rifle rnds that much superior to handguns.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    You can literally sling hot .45 with equal muzzle energy to a 7.5” AR.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    That is not supported by the evidence, and that rnd, sure as hell didn't fail however, unless you consider 16" penetration, full expansion, and 100% weight retention, a failure...

Again, my only real concern in this issue, is if there's added hydrostatic wounding mechanisms involved also. That's a legit aspect of the discussion.
    There is little to no cavitation wounding from the velocity listed, and inconsistent performance. It did not expand until 8" in. Thats my point. You're getting mediocre .224 handgun performance with a flashbang on the end. You can get the same results with a shorter, lighter, quieter 9mm.

Have you read this? https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....s-Pistol/page2
    Last edited by MegademiC; 06-28-22 at 12:41.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    The ability to defeat soft body armor makes 5.56 superior to 9mm even if the terminal performance were the same.

Page 14 of 43 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast