Page 24 of 43 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: What cans are we using on SBRs and AR pistols?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by contax_shooter View Post
    Why? The cost (assuming manufacturer doesn’t cover under warranty) of a replacement suppressor is peanuts compared to the amount of ammo to kill the titanium.
    A fair point that! Yes, the likelihood of my putting enough rnds through any can to make if fail never gonna happen. Ti is back on the list!
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I wanted a lightweight can and didn't want to deal with the perceived fragility of a Ti can. I went with the Energeetic Armament Vox S. It is still in jail, but my dealer is cool and lets me have time on the can whenever he comes out to the range. The can is pretty light at 13 Oz and being being full auto 308 rated with no barrel length restrictions. If you are dead set on 556 they have a new can called the ARX which is something like 9 Oz and made in the .224 bore. The Vox is made in the 30 cal bore but they sell 556 end caps. These cans are made from some new NASA metal called C300 which is like the weight of Ti but way more durable when hot hot.

In this pic you can see my Vox S on a 10.5. It's about the same size OAL as a 16" or 14.5

Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    But, the HX-QD 556 TI may be the exception to that rule as it uses 17-4 "deflectors".
    So it’s just a ti tube with 17-4 guts if I’m reading you right? If so that may hold up on a shorter barrel, but any ti baffles are a bad idea.

Do you have any thoughts on a 30 cal mini or modular that is on the lower back pressure side?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Well, the Sandman K certainly fits the bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    Do you have any thoughts on a 30 cal mini or modular that is on the lower back pressure side?

We ran the 9" version of this little SBR other day with the Rex MG7K 224.

The MG7 did a great job eating up the blast, making it downright pleasant to shoot.

Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Check out the Otter Creek Labs Polonium. It tested very well on PewScience and comes in at a great price. The company's owner has been doing torture tests on various cans on his IG page using a 4.75" M4. He's completely destroyed a few cans from other companies within one mag of full auto, typically ti cans, but some inconel and steel cans have suffered. He posted the results of his Polonium yesterday, and it had very minimal erosion in the blast baffle and held up very well.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCrum87hc View Post
    Check out the Otter Creek Labs Polonium. It tested very well on PewScience and comes in at a great price. The company's owner has been doing torture tests on various cans on his IG page using a 4.75" M4. He's completely destroyed a few cans from other companies within one mag of full auto, typically ti cans, but some inconel and steel cans have suffered. He posted the results of his Polonium yesterday, and it had very minimal erosion in the blast baffle and held up very well.
    The Polonium IS the quietest 5.56 can at the muzzle that Pew Science tested. However, it is extremely gassy, and has some of the worst at the ear numbers. One suppressor or another isn't going to make you "less detectable" to your enemy, it will however make a big difference to your comfort and health, as the shooter. People get hung up on muzzle numbers, when they should be paying attention to at the ear numbers and how much gas is getting pushed back down the barrel into their faces.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    The Polonium IS the quietest 5.56 can at the muzzle that Pew Science tested. However, it is extremely gassy, and has some of the worst at the ear numbers. One suppressor or another isn't going to make you "less detectable" to your enemy, it will however make a big difference to your comfort and health, as the shooter. People get hung up on muzzle numbers, when they should be paying attention to at the ear numbers and how much gas is getting pushed back down the barrel into their faces.
    ETA: The Polonium, like a lot of CGS suppressors, are great for bolt guns where gas blowback down the barrel doesn't affect the at the ear numbers. For gas guns, or semi-autos in general, not so much.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    ETA: The Polonium, like a lot of CGS suppressors, are great for bolt guns where gas blowback down the barrel doesn't affect the at the ear numbers. For gas guns, or semi-autos in general, not so much.
    Yup, I agree with everything you said. On the flip side, Jay tests with a DD mk18 using a carbine spring, carbine gas tube, a 0.070" gas port stock DD barrel, and a H2 buffer.

That leaves a lot of room for tuning, which should help with the gasses and the at the ear numbers if the end user wishes to go down that rabbit hole.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCrum87hc View Post
    Yup, I agree with everything you said. On the flip side, Jay tests with a DD mk18 using a carbine spring, carbine gas tube, a 0.070" gas port stock DD barrel, and a H2 buffer.

That leaves a lot of room for tuning, which should help with the gasses and the at the ear numbers if the end user wishes to go down that rabbit hole.
    So, tuning the rifle cycling does nothing for the gas coming down the barrel (not the gas tube) due to a high backpressure can. Almost any DI gun can be tuned to cycle properly with almost any suppressor, but that's not what I'm referring to.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Im leaning heavily toward the OSS as they seem to excell at reduced back pressure and reduced noise the shooter end, if I follow your et al advice so far.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Page 24 of 43 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast