Page 8 of 43 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: What cans are we using on SBRs and AR pistols?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    The AR isn’t designed to have a take-down component, so this must be giving something up. What’s the compromise here?
    The second phrase does not appear to logically follow from the first. Also shouldn't you be telling me since you're the one implying it has problems?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Potential uses are HD/SD/PDW. Use without a can possible sure.
    And you are willing to give up some sound/flash suppressed, for the shortest barrel un-suppressed?

If so I would focus almost exclusively on finding a low back pressure silencer design. I would probably talk to some of the large silencer distributors, they are more likely have shot most of the different options and hopefully full auto. Ask for the least cyclic rate increase, including .30 cal silencers. Tell them it’s for a 10.5” (a good shop will try to talk you out of the 7.5”) but you want something without barrel length restrictions for the toughness.

It’s going to be loud, so don’t focus on a few db. It’s also going to need a top of the line flash hider to avoid fireballs un-suppressed. A long 3 or 4 prong open tine is going to do the best.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    For your price limit, I’d recommend a Dead Air Sandman-S or Sandman-K. If I’m not mistaken, neither have any barrel restrictions, and Silencer Shop routinely sells them for around $850.00.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    For your price limit, I’d recommend a Dead Air Sandman-S or Sandman-K. If I’m not mistaken, neither have any barrel restrictions, and Silencer Shop routinely sells them for around $850.00.
    Not the K. Its loud AF, even on a 16”. Waste of a stamp for first-timers. The S is a good choice.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Can't speak to FCD's business plans, but there may or may not be a XENO version of our Covert Comp in the works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    I've been looking hard at the Sierra 5 and am ready to pull the trigger, but it's just not in stock yet. Are you guys planning on making a Xeno mount version of your 6315? I know it comes with a flash hider already, but just wondering.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    And you are willing to give up some sound/flash suppressed, for the shortest barrel un-suppressed?

If so I would focus almost exclusively on finding a low back pressure silencer design. I would probably talk to some of the large silencer distributors, they are more likely have shot most of the different options and hopefully full auto. Ask for the least cyclic rate increase, including .30 cal silencers. Tell them it’s for a 10.5” (a good shop will try to talk you out of the 7.5”) but you want something without barrel length restrictions for the toughness.

It’s going to be loud, so don’t focus on a few db. It’s also going to need a top of the line flash hider to avoid fireballs un-suppressed. A long 3 or 4 prong open tine is going to do the best.
    Place I was at today with a large selection and high volume (1) has a brand particularly well known and designed to excels at low back pressure, so that got my interest. I will get the name and post it. Was not a name I knew.

(1) https://palmbeachshootingcenter.com/
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Not the K. Its loud AF, even on a 16”. Waste of a stamp for first-timers. The S is a good choice.
    I have a Sandman K on my 12.5 and it is not bad at all. I also change out the end cap for a 5.56. I can tell the difference when I do that. But even with the 7.62 end cap it is not that bad.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    I have a Sandman K on my 12.5 and it is not bad at all. I also change out the end cap for a 5.56. I can tell the difference when I do that. But even with the 7.62 end cap it is not that bad.
    Brother, we’ll have to agree to disagree on that one. Everyone in my group agrees its not very good, including the two that own one. Its basically an expensive blast shield. We treat it the way that non-NFA types regard muzzle brakes vs flash hiders (any other can). “Going loud loud!” I’ve got a custom 4.1” Rex can that sounds better.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Brother, we’ll have to agree to disagree on that one. Everyone in my group agrees its not very good, including the two that own one. Its basically an expensive blast shield. We treat it the way that non-NFA types regard muzzle brakes vs flash hiders (any other can). “Going loud loud!” I’ve got a custom 4.1” Rex can that sounds better.
    I guess it it just depends what you are looing for in a Can. I just want it harder to find direction and take the edge off, especially in a building.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I agree, and that 4.1” Rex can is cheaper, quieter, shorter, and lighter. Here it is next to a Turbo K.
    CC99B355-6E29-429A-974B-8472BA819996.jpeg
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    I guess it it just depends what you are looing for in a Can. I just want it harder to find direction and take the edge off, especially in a building.
    RLTW

Page 8 of 43 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast