Thread: Siren's song... WWI

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

Siren's song... WWI

“Draw near ... illustrious Odysseus, flower of the Achaean chivalry, and bring your ship to rest that you may hear our voices. No seaman ever sailed his black ship past this place without listening to the sweet voice that flow from our lips, and none that listened has not been delighted and gone on a wiser man” Homer, Odyssey.

I have, after a valiant effort to resist, succumbed to the Siren’s song:

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Very nice.
    Paul A. Hotaling
    Alias Training & Security Services, LLC
    Paul@aliastraining.com
    757-215-1959 (Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM)
    757-985-9586 (After Hours)
    www.aliastraining.com

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VA_Dinger
    Very nice.
    Thanks. I tried to talk myself out of it, and had done so on two separate trips to the one of the local fun stores. However, I could never quit thinking about the gun. So, about a month after I first fondled it, I returned to claim my Colt WWI repro/reissue.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    That's a beautiful piece.

Growing up, one of my friends had his great grandfather's GI M1911 that he brought back from WWI. We'd shoot it occasionally.

The combination of the short grip safety and the large hammer spur would turn my hand into hamburger......

But shooting that old pistol was a great experience.

I'm glad Colt put those out. They look fantastic.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar
    That's a beautiful piece.

Growing up, one of my friends had his great grandfather's GI M1911 that he brought back from WWI. We'd shoot it occasionally.

The combination of the short grip safety and the large hammer spur would turn my hand into hamburger......

But shooting that old pistol was a great experience.

I'm glad Colt put those out. They look fantastic.

Thanks,

... yes she bites, but the pretty ones always do. Well more of a nibble.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    That is a beautiful pistol, but I can almost feel the blood running down my hand.

Am I nuts, or does anyone else think it would be really cool to take one of those and send it to Yost or someone like that for a full-custom job?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by generic
    That is a beautiful pistol, but I can almost feel the blood running down my hand.

Am I nuts, or does anyone else think it would be really cool to take one of those and send it to Yost or someone like that for a full-custom job?
    Your not nuts, mine is sitting in the safe (unfired) right now and I am thinking of sending it to Yost for either a retro built to keep it fairly clean looking or do a 1* package on it. I'll never sell it so I'm not too worried about the resale of it.

Thoughts??
    Full disclosure - I am an Engineering Supervisor at Trijicon, Inc.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bullitt5172
    Your not nuts, mine is sitting in the safe (unfired) right now and I am thinking of sending it to Yost for either a retro built to keep it fairly clean looking or do a 1* package on it. I'll never sell it so I'm not too worried about the resale of it.

Thoughts??
    I think a 1* on one of those would be ubercool. Grandpa's rollmarks with modern conveniences...I like it.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    i believe if you go over to the louder than words for sale forum there are currently 2 matched colt wwI repros done up by Yost for sale....

not to tempt anyone or anything

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by trio
    i believe if you go over to the louder than words for sale forum there are currently 2 matched colt wwI repros done up by Yost for sale....

not to tempt anyone or anything
    Yes, I have seen those. They gave me the idea to modify mine. The trigger in mine is fit really loose and the thumbsafety is "springy". Other than that it is really well put together for a new Colt. The slide/frame fit is tight and the barrel fit seems good. So it might not need that much work after all
    Full disclosure - I am an Engineering Supervisor at Trijicon, Inc.