Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Colt AR6951

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG View Post
    Spilling, not splitting. Talking about factory mags, drop them on the ground and they spill rounds. It's an old magazine design.

As for triggers, if you can't shoot the stock Colt trigger accurately then you need more range time not a better trigger.
    There are a lot of people who would disagree with you that are match and 3 gun shooters. Better triggers make make you a little faster in more accurate. That’s just s fact. The mags are fine. I get you don’t like good triggers or the colt uzi mags but that’s just you. That’s ok though. You said you couldn’t for the life of you understand why. I explained to you why people do. Now you understand.
    Hunter of Gunmen 8541

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I can understand a trigger swap for a gaming PCC/SMG.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    I can understand a trigger swap for a gaming PCC/SMG.
    I run a gieselle full auto trigger on my FA 6991
    Hunter of Gunmen 8541

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm with SteyrAUG; leave it stock. Others have reported problems with aftermarket fire control parts. Blowback design imposes more force. There's a reason the trigger pin is stainless on the 6951. Mine is box-stock.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Univibe View Post
    I'm with SteyrAUG; leave it stock. Others have reported problems with aftermarket fire control parts. Blowback design imposes more force. There's a reason the trigger pin is stainless on the 6951. Mine is box-stock.
    LaRue MBT works good in the 6951/6991
    Hunter of Gunmen 8541

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG View Post
    I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would need or want anything beyond a stock trigger on a Colt 9mm carbine. It already has one of the best triggers of any 9mm SMG/PCC platform and you aren't gonna be reaching out to 200 yards with it...
    I replaced the triggers on several of my AR’s (with Geissele’s, because I could) but I haven’t messed with the triggers in my 6450 & 6951. None of them are that bad anyway (but I grew up in an era where you adjust to the weapon instead of the other way around).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirdWatcher View Post
    I replaced the triggers on several of my AR’s (with Geissele’s, because I could) but I haven’t messed with the triggers in my 6450 & 6951. None of them are that bad anyway (but I grew up in an era where you adjust to the weapon instead of the other way around).
    I grew up in both eras. I learned to adapt to new technology and advancements. With your mentality then we wouldn’t have Red Dots optics or BUIS. Evolve or fall behind.
    Hunter of Gunmen 8541

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I hope that $30 trigger is better than the price suggest. Maybe consider going with a Larue or Centurion if your on a budget. It is $30 correct, did I read that correct?

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I hope that $30 trigger is better than the price suggest. Maybe consider going with a Larue or Centurion if your on a budget. It is $30 correct, did I read that correct?

PB
    LaRue MBT trigger is about 100$

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    I tried to use a Brownells Rapid Fire Trigger (made by Geissele) in my 9MM SBR which has a Colt 11.5" 9MM complete upper / bolt with a Colt Pattern lower. It didn't work - I forget exactly what the issue was but I think it wouldn't reset the trigger after dry firing, so I went back to the one that came with it (GI type milspec FCG)

Unfortunately with all the oddity variants of the 9MM AR, it's a lot of trial and error. I tried once and said not worth the hassle for a range toy that gets out once or twice a year.
    Colt has never made an 11.5 inch 9mm????
    You don’t even remember what the issues were with the trigger?? Clean up your post.
    Hunter of Gunmen 8541

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast