Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone gave a Bond Arms derringer?

Feedback Score
    I'll keep my eye out for a used one.

Are they accurate at all?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post

The 45/410 isn't super accurate, but it's only got 1/2" of shallow rifling and a LONG jump for that 45 bullet to make to get there. The 9mm and 38/357 barrels I have do much better. Each of my three barrels has a noticeable POI difference between the upper and lower bores, though. Nature of the beast, I guess. If I were gonna carry it, I'd pre-stage the little selector widget in the hammer face to pick the barrel that prints closer to POA for the first shot...

Yeah, a used one would be a good intro...Let you play with it without committing $600. You might also be able to find one of the "Roughneck" or "Rowdy" models. Around $300 msrp on those guys. They're exactly the same functionally/mechanically as the more expensive models just have a matte finish which is cheaper to produce. Can still use all the accessory barrels with them as well.
    Last edited by kerplode; 06-24-22 at 19:40.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post

As accurate as I'd expect small derringer to be. Point blank out to maybe 5 yards or so.
    ~Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kerplode View Post
    I sort of put it in the same category as an NAA mini revolver or one of those Altor pistols.

Interesting examples of engineering and manufacturing that are fun at the range but have seriously questionable utility as defensive weapons

edited to add:
    That stupid Altor is one of the few firearms outside of full-auto that made me giggle as I was firing it. It's so stupid, but somehow it's really a lot of fun...
    I was reminded of the Altor yesterday by a video and somehow I want one. I have zero need for it, I don't fish in snake infested waters, and am not contemplating suicide. They just call to the little part of me that likes the Liberator, CAI deer gun, and black pipe shotguns.

The Bond Arms derringers are in a different category altogether - they cost more and are made like a real firearm. Where's the fun in that?

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 06-30-22 at 06:35.

Feedback Score
    I got a "Roughneck" .357 to try out.

Haven't fired it yet. But after working it out alot the hammer pull is easier and trigger substantially better.

If I enjoy shooting it I may get another barrel set for it. A 3 inch one.
    Last edited by Ron3; 08-14-22 at 23:04.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12