Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The scary movie thread got me thinking.

Feedback Score

The scary movie thread got me thinking.

What’s the scariest/most disturbing movie you’ve seen in your adult years?

Other than a Biden press conference, for me it was Bone Tomahawk. It wasn’t scary, but definitely left me feeling WTF

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    These "most" threads are always difficult. But I have to say The Road was an incredibly disturbing/distressing flick. I don't even like to remember it.
    "One can lead a child to knowledge, but one cannot make him think."
    - Robert Heinlein

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Rico View Post
    These "most" threads are always difficult. But I have to say The Road was an incredibly disturbing/distressing flick. I don't even like to remember it.
    Just watched the trailer. I may have to check that one out.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I’m not much for horror or slasher flicks. I do like Sci-fi movies like Alien, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, The Quiet Place, etc… so I thought Event Horizon would be a good one. Jeez, that movie was deeply disturbing…
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    I’m not much for horror or slasher flicks. I do like Sci-fi movies like Alien, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, The Quiet Place, etc… so I thought Event Horizon would be a good one. Jeez, that movie was deeply disturbing…
    The Quiet Place was excellent.
    I’ve never seen Event Horizon
    Last edited by DixieGuns; 06-22-22 at 20:17.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DixieGuns View Post
    Just watched the trailer. I may have to check that one out.
    It’s the darkest father-son movie and book I’ve ever seen or read.

Feedback Score
    Event Horizon was bothersome to me when I first saw it years ago. Watched it recently and still got me. Hostel was not fun to watch either.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacific5th View Post
    Event Horizon was bothersome to me when I first saw it years ago. Watched it recently and still got me. Hostel was not fun to watch either.
    Yeah, Event Horizon screwed with me as well. It was disturbing on a lot of levels.

The worst for me was the first Silent Hill movie from the early 2000's. Gave me nightmares for months. I played the video game a lot back then and it didn't affect me the way that damn movie did. I'll NEVER watch that one again!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kerplode View Post
    Yeah, Event Horizon screwed with me as well. It was disturbing on a lot of levels.

The worst for me was the first Silent Hill movie from the early 2000's. Gave me nightmares for months. I played the video game a lot back then and it didn't affect me the way that damn movie did. I'll NEVER watch that one again!
    I’ve never done the game, but yeah, Silent Hill was a legit creepy movie.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DixieGuns View Post
    What’s the scariest/most disturbing movie you’ve seen in your adult years?

Other than a Biden press conference, for me it was Bone Tomahawk. It wasn’t scary, but definitely left me feeling WTF
    I just watched that for the first time last week (what timing), yeah that was pretty freaky, the blind crippled pregnant women was like WOW, I guess they nipped that ERA thing in bud right off.

Hard to pick out the "one" but I've always found the psychological and demonic thrillers much more terrifying than the slasher type and Hereditary is certainly on the list. Requiem for a Dream was a good one about the perils of drug addiction. Eraserhead is up there too, in a bizarre creepy way.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast