Thread: SCAR 17 optic

Feedback Score

SCAR 17 optic

I have a athelon ares etr with a american defense straight up mount. Is this good to go, or is the SCAR going bash it to pieces?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I don't cut corners on optics & went with the Leupy VX-6 1-6 w/ firedot for my 17...sorry, I have no history w/ the athelon.
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    Well should of got a nightforce then

Feedback Score
    NF, Trijicon VCOG are gtg.

If you mount your scope in an ADM Delta mount, which was designed for use on a SCAR, I bet you will be fine.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The Scar17 is hard on optics. I have a Leupy MK6 1-6 on mine with no issues.

A budget or even mid tier scope would likely not last.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I think only a few optics are certified for Scar guns. Its a list like ACOG, NF and Elcan. I wouldn't trash my pretty decent optic with an ass whipping Scar.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Primary Arms SLX, just buy two or three for backups.

“The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    With the exception of the Cronus line, Athlon optic are made in China.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Nightforce NXS and Leupold VX-6HD have survived on mine (a couple of other older Leupolds did as well, some of the Mark 4s if I recall correctly); a Vortex PST II 1-6x24 didn't (but that optic took a lot of abuse on other AR-15/AR-10s before going on the SCAR 17). Used an Aimpoint M4S for awhile and it was fine as well.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Nightforce NXS and Leupold VX-6HD have survived on mine (a couple of other older Leupolds did as well, some of the Mark 4s if I recall correctly); a Vortex PST II 1-6x24 didn't (but that optic took a lot of abuse on other AR-15/AR-10s before going on the SCAR 17). Used an Aimpoint M4S for awhile and it was fine as well.
    How quickly does the Scar typically kill optics?
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine