Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Molon: M855A1

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Molon: M855A1

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/...ity/5-2563018/

I enjoy his testing and forthright discussions. I didn't really want to link a thread from the arfcom world. But, this one is worth reading.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    All these years and he's still going strong. His posts are worth a read for sure.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Wonder where he got it? And where can I get some?

I noticed the velocities weren't really that different from legacy 855. I would think pressures are about the same.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Tom,

I was also surprised that for all the hype, the velocities over the regular 62gr M855 were not much higher. However the a1 bullet looks fascinating.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    It is impressive that they are getting similar velocities with the much longer A1 bullet. Powder capacity is reduced and bearing surface increased. I cannot imagine pressure is the same.

Also, the ARF never disappoints "I wish the guys that do these would put the chrono a little farther out so the bullet can build up a bit more speed and we can the actual velocities real world style."

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 06-24-22 at 05:14.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    The pressure might be higher but not at the proof pressure level that the initial batches were running at. The current velocity is awful close to standard 855 but hey it's a green bullet and terminal effects are supposed to be good and I am sure it's a much more expensive bullet.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I posted some chrono results a couple years ago that reinforce Molon’s results. A1 isn’t that much faster anymore. When I chronoed earlier lots, the results were eyebrow-raising, though I don’t recall exact numbers.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    Also, the ARF never disappoints "I wish the guys that do these would put the chrono a little farther out so the bullet can build up a bit more speed and we can the actual velocities real world style."
    No idea why MOLON posts there and not here. I mean... there are some dumb mofos on that site. And they're playing with guns.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    ^^^ TROLL ?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazykarl View Post
    Tom,

I was also surprised that for all the hype, the velocities over the regular 62gr M855 were not much higher. However the a1 bullet looks fascinating.
    As some of the others have said, the early examples were screamers. It does look fascinating, the complex shape of the penetrator has me wondering how it's made.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast