Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Supreme Court overrules roe v wade

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by BangBang77 View Post
    That being said, so as to clarify where I stand and what I fundamentally believe, I believe with all my heart that human life begins at conception. From the moment the sperm joins the egg, life is brought to bear. My Bible tells me that each life is created in the image of God. Who am I to decide when that is? Even if I am wrong, I prefer to err on the side of caution.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    I speak fluent neckbeard/fedora, so here’s a religion-free parallel dilemma:

Assume a planet is discovered approximately 10 light years away from Earth orbiting a stable star. A person from NASA approaches you in private and informs you that complex microscopic organisms have formed on the surface of the planet, and top evolutionary researchers believe that the evolutionary trajectory of these organisms will ensure the development of sentient, human like creatures in the distant future (100 million years or more). It is determined that these beings will being competitive with future humanity for resources and this planet, once we are able to achieve interstellar travel is a habitable location for colonization. The agent offers you a one-time payment of an untraceable $300 million if you to activate a top-secret interstellar weapon that will disintegrate the planet into space dust, killing all life on the planet. You will be granted absolute diplomatic immunity if your decision to destroy the planet is ever publicly disclosed.

What do you choose to do, and explain your reasoning as to why this is ethically acceptable.
    Pass. Not because of sanctity of life concerns/beliefs (especially for some micro-organism) but because I quite literally don't care what happens 100 million years from now. My remains won't even be around. The human species isn't really likely to be around 100 million years from now. Maybe another sentient, human-like life form will actually have their shit together much more than humans ever dreamed of. Maybe they will do what we should be doing, live and let live. They'll likely look at us as the most unevolved, sentient life form that ever existed in the entire universe and wonder how we survived as long as we did.
    ~Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsunsurf View Post
    As a lifelong Republican, I completely support the ideals and beliefs that the government is not responsible for taking care of us, and what decisions we make for ourselves are individual, inalienable rights, that another person or government cannot dictate. [absolute truth]

Well except for abortion, since I’m a stodgy old white guy, I have every right to demand that the government tells young women what they can and cannot do with their own bodies. They’re too dumb to understand. [absolute sarcasm]

How do you all rationalize your hypocrisy?
    Its not hypocrisy. Pro life folks truly do not care what young, middle age, or golden year women do with their bodies (besides a natural human desire to see people healthy, happy, etc.). They care very deeply what women do with the body of the person growing inside them.

Is it really that hard to comprehend?

Pregnancy normally lasts 40 weeks, but a baby born at 30 weeks is expected to survive, develop normally, and have no lasting health effects. Even at 25 weeks, 75 percent of premature babies survive. https://www.whattoexpect.com/first-y...ategorization/

The idea that abortion limits are a way to tell a woman what to do with her body is ridiculous.

Democrats should be in favor of common sense abortion laws.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 06-25-22 at 17:37.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    LOLbertarian-leaning Boomer midwits:

“The child has no right to the woman's body. The two are simply being disconnected. If the child dies as a result of that, well then that child simply should of pulled itself up by its bootstraps and figured out a way to take care of itself without being a leech.”

Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    They care very deeply what women do with the body of the person growing inside them.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dumb Gun Collector View Post
    So we can agree that in all cases except rape and incest (and presumably a realistic threat to the mother's life) that abortion is evil? Or is those examples just a distraction?
    Yes, I agree with this. If the pregnancy occurred due to a consensual act, then abortion is evil.

Cases of rape is where it gets complicated. The fetus exists because of an act of brutality, so why punish the woman (possibly a teen) further by forcing her to take a fetus to term and deliver it. Of course, women can lie and say that they were raped when they weren't, just to get the "privilege" of an abortion.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzman View Post
    Of course, women can lie and say that they were raped when they weren't, just to get the "privilege" of an abortion.
    Easy enough to require at least a police report.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Yes, I agree that requiring a police report would be an appropriate requirement, due to a crime being committed.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Uhm, their parents?

I don’t know if I heard it right but I think it was a Texas state senator that said that since life starts at conception that the responsibilities of the father also begin then to and that the father is going to be on the hook for financial obligations even during pregnancy. That’s a legit change. Maybe women and now men might pay more attention to the outcomes of their actions since the OODA is so much shorter now.

The inherent problem is that the left has been trying to use the court to get the outcomes that they want and can’t get through the legislatures either slowly or want it all right now. That is the basis of all of our problems. They come up with a end point and then they use legally gobbledygook to justify that endpoint.

That is how you end up with terrible law and precedent like we’ve gotten from all these 1960s social cases. Instead of it going through some kind of legislative process like in Europe, that was short-circuited by the left using the courts to legislate.

We have now seen the folly of this path. The conservatives on the court are trying to write this short circuiting of our constitutional system. The very fact that people think that Thomases opinion means that he is against those things like interracial marriage, gay marriage, shove it up your butt or whatever in the bedroom, don’t understand that he is just saying that there is not a right for that in the constitution. That doesn’t mean that you are against it. It just means that the people have to legislate, or a constitutional amendments when appropriate, to add these rights.

This rights under every shadow and rock, lead to the stupidity of saying that people have a right to healthcare, which is the enslavement of someone to provide your right.

Unfortunately the legislative system has been broken and the left has tried to go around it through the courts. This leads to even less reason to find legislative solutions to these things, when you can try to win everything through the courts. Well they lost out on that strategy and now they’re crying.

These rulings may be the most important to preserving our democracy going forward. Because now we have the impetus to find true compromise and solutions in the middle rather than electing extremists who will never solve anything. Democracy dies when it’s dictated by black robes. Sometime in the future people will be amazed when they realize that these decisions were to take the power away from the people actually making the decisions. When has that ever happened before?

Welcome to the renaissance of democracy.
    We don’t have a democracy though, we’re supposed to be a republic. I agree with most everything else you said though. It’s important that we call it what it is supposed to be and use the right words. The left has used words like democracy and rights for so long, they’ve perverted people’s way of thinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    Here’s how:

Abortion is the most powerful form of ritual murder ever created. Why is abortion the most powerful form of human ritual sacrifice? It entails the most defenseless victims conceivable (the unborn) being murdered by the very persons most duty-bound to love and protect them from harm; their own mothers.

These ritual murders, which society misnames, “abortion” are, furthermore, carried out in a nonchalant and routinized fashion exclusively to facilitate hedonistic apathy, laziness and convenience; symbolically placing a moment of vaginal pleasure above the value of an entire lifetime’s worth of a living, breathing human being’s consciousness.

In short, Satan and his servants love abortion, because it symbolizes evil within cruelty within absolute selfishness. It proffers that a fleeting moment of genital contractions means more than human life itself; and it does this using the greatest symbols of love and compassion (mothers and doctors), Satanically inverted into spiritually numbed, unfeeling, clinical executioners.

But, as long as GDP is up, who cares about any of that, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by BangBang77 View Post
    You wanna put a penis in your mouth? Do it. You wanna carpet munch? Do it. You wanna marry Steve and Fred? Do it. You wanna marry Sally and Nancy? Do it. You wanna carry a SAW to Starbucks? Do it. I'm all for personal freedom when the behavior or sin is against one's own self. Each of us has to answer for our decisions that effect only us as individuals.

You wanna murder the innocent unborn fetus inside you because you were too irresponsible to use proper birth control? Negative Ghostrider. No woman, in any country, under any law, on any continent, on any planet, has the right to commit murder. Period. That is a sin committed on another person and we should fight to prevent or eliminate that. At all costs.
    THIS, RIGHT ****ING HERE!!!!^^^^^^^^^ you two are so right.

Only thing I would change, I don’t care if you sword fight, but I don’t want you trying to push it on me or my kid. Keep your mental sickness to yourself.

That and I want to carry SAMs, not a SAW.

Feedback Score
    I would also add, and it’s something I fight with, that when it comes to rape, health of the mother, or the baby not being able to be born alive or survive after birth, then abortion should be an option.

I don’t think it’s right to make a woman carry a baby to term, if she was raped.

On a side note, my wife had our 4yr old son in the car yesterday evening and drove by a bunch of pissed off pro unborn baby murders protesting in front of the courthouse. My son looked at them and asked in a super excited voice “Is that a parade?” Broke my heart to hear that. I’m so glad he’ll never know what they were wanting to do. The innocence of life is so precious and needs to be protected. They deserve us to fight for their right to live.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast