Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Supreme Court overrules roe v wade

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG View Post
    Quite honestly if people would just practice responsible birth control and in those extremely rare instances where it's unavoidable (birth control failed, criminal rape and things like that) use things like the "morning after" pill this entire abortion issue would almost be non existent and would be mostly limited to the pregnancy posing a serious risk of injury or death to the mother.

Abortion as a means of birth control is about as irresponsible as one can be. In a modern, educated western country this shouldn't even be a real issue. We aren't some ridiculous Islamic theocracy that believes in witchcraft still and considered birth control a crime and we aren't some "stuck in the 1700s" African tribe that doesn't even know how reproduction works.

If people took responsible control for their childrens education, and I don't mean expecting sex ed in public school to do it for them, by the time they became old enough to get pregnant, we'd see a lot less of this.
    Just the natural regression of the Left. It wasn’t too long ago when they supported abortion to protect the mother, for emergencies only, in cases of rape or incest. Now they are promoting it as a form of birth control and a woman’s (which is funny seeing how they cannot define what a woman is) right for any reason. They even brag about getting abortions. Just like how gay rights started- they went from just wanting to be left alone to do whatever they want to do in their bedroom to mandating the grooming and indoctrination of elementary school children.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Buncheong View Post
    Over the intermediate-to-longer term, both sides of the issue will move to greater and greater extremes. Extreme beliefs, extreme positions, extreme behavior.

It’s shocking to me that so very few people can see this, given U.S. social history over the last 50 years, but they do not.
    Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG View Post
    I tend to agree, radical running the game and will just be waiting for payback the moment they have a majority. But abortion is one of those issues that isn't a political issue, it's religious and core belief on both sides.
    I tend to agree, it's gonna get worse before there is any chance it gets better.

Lunatics from both sides are already starting to draw the lines. Pro-abortion loonies are already setting the goalpost at full term abortion for any reason, and right wing loonies are eying birth control, sodomy laws, and cohabitation.

I find myself viscerally hating both extremes. I would refuse to live peaceably in eithers vision of the world.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by utahjeepr View Post
    I tend to agree, it's gonna get worse before there is any chance it gets better.

Lunatics from both sides are already starting to draw the lines. Pro-abortion loonies are already setting the goalpost at full term abortion for any reason, and right wing loonies are eying birth control, sodomy laws, and cohabitation.

I find myself viscerally hating both extremes. I would refuse to live peaceably in eithers vision of the world.
    The difference is that only the lunatic right wing fringe is "eying birth control, sodomy laws, and cohabitation" while abortion up to the moment of birth is perfectly acceptable to many on the left and apparently, most MSM personalities. At most, leftists will insist late term abortions is a "right wing myth" while supporting no regulation to prevent it.

I honestly DGAF if someone is gay, transgender, likes to wear dresses, lives with multiple partners, uses birth control, etc. On the other hand, I damn feel abortions at 8.5 months are absolutely immoral.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 06-25-22 at 09:04.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    The difference is that only the lunatic right wing fringe is "eying birth control, sodomy laws, and cohabitation" while abortion up to the moment of birth is perfectly acceptable to many on the left and apparently, most MSM personalities. At most, leftists will insist late term abortions is a "right wing myth" while supporting no regulation to prevent it.

I honestly DGAF if someone is gay, transgender, likes to wear dresses, lives with multiple partners, uses birth control, etc. On the other hand, I damn feel abortions at 8.5 months are absolutely immoral.

Andy
    I largely agree, I'm with you on basically everything you said. The fringe left has a LOT of ugly and dangerous beliefs and it is certainly more acceptable now to openly tout them. Their views on limitless abortion are only one of the "bridges too far" for me.

Don't discount the fringe right though. Maybe it's just where I live, but I have seen folks heatedly arguing, in public, that birth control and oral sex even amongst married, heterosexual couples should be illegal. There may be more of them than you think, they are just as rabid, and they are anxious to spread their wings. It doesn't help that Thomas immediately mentioned Griswold (birth control), Lawrence (straight and gay consensual sex/sodomy), and Obergefell (gay marriage). I'm assuming he was referencing legal issues not idealogical ones but...

I'm just a bit worried that those of us between the extremes are in for a wild ride courtesy of the radicals on both sides.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post

Andy
    I agree with this 100%. It will be interesting to see how this decision changes the demographics of the country. Is some on the left now going turn down that tech job in TX and stay in CA because of the TX prohibition on abortion? I’m sure some will.

Feedback Score
    Lawyer/docs- they are talking about the fed gov being able to send out abortificients(Sp?) to people 'behind the lines' in red states. And that the states couldn't do anything about it.

Outside of the Hyde Amendment (still a thing?), I get interstate trade and drug approvals fall under FED control, but the fed govt facilitating the breaking of a state law?

The president is immune from federal charges, but not from state charges correct?
    The actual govt people fulfilling orders, they are supposedly protected by sovereign immunity? I guess a theory, but there has to be some limit to that?
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Lawyer/docs- they are talking about the fed gov being able to send out abortificients(Sp?) to people 'behind the lines' in red states. And that the states couldn't do anything about it.

Outside of the Hyde Amendment (still a thing?), I get interstate trade and drug approvals fall under FED control, but the fed govt facilitating the breaking of a state law?

The president is immune from federal charges, but not from state charges correct?
    The actual govt people fulfilling orders, they are supposedly protected by sovereign immunity? I guess a theory, but there has to be some limit to that?
    Well, the consensus on this board seems to be "never send a hi-cap mag to a ban state" due to potential criminal (most likely civil) violations. Seems to be the same case with abortion pills, but probably depends on state statutes.

Andy

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    Christ is King.
    Indeed he is.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by utahjeepr View Post

We think alike.

Feedback Score
    Who is going to take care of a Million unwanted babies?
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast