Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Supreme Court overrules roe v wade

Feedback Score
    Maxine Waters: 'The hell with the Supreme Court. We will defy them'

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/max...will-defy-them
    Religion is doing what you are told no matter what is right. Morality is doing what is right no matter what you are told...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Hallelujah.

Seems like the Court has made several good calls recently. Bout damn time.
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tn1911 View Post
    Maxine Waters: 'The hell with the Supreme Court. We will defy them'

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/max...will-defy-them
    They're all losing their shit. It's going to be an interesting weekend...

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Got this in a work related email this morning. It’s a good thing to overturn a bad decision.

As someone else mentioned, this won’t do away with abortion, but it will reduce it.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I don’t understand the celebration here. This is about the only thing that could bring out blue support in the midterms.

It’s not like anything got outlawed today, and it’s not like abortion was easy to come by in places like Texas already. I think people are overestimating the change from this and underestimating the consequences this fall.

Feedback Score
    They are all saying my body my right but silent when they mandated vaccines... hypocrites. More importantly they didnt even show their boobs all painted up

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Did they rule on the coach fired for praying on the field? Im so sorry I cant remember the case name.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 125 mph View Post
    I don’t understand the celebration here. This is about the only thing that could bring out blue support in the midterms.

It’s not like anything got outlawed today, and it’s not like abortion was easy to come by in places like Texas already. I think people are overestimating the change from this and underestimating the consequences this fall.
    I was thinking same. I think the GOP would have wiped the floor with the Dems in coming elections, and this may kill that momentum. It may be some simply don't vote as they cant stand either party, some who were about to jump ship to GOP but now wont, or some motivated to get out and vote Dem due to being angry over the decision.

The Dems are already claiming this is an attack on gay Rights (same sex marriage), yada yada, and will drive that train like a $2 street walker.

Some, due to their moral/religious beliefs may not care as that's most important to them, but it may be one step for less abortions, and 2-3 steps back for the GOP, for net loss on various topics and issues.

We shall see, soon enough.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Nobody here, from what I can tell, thinks this is the end of abortion, at least in places like Ca, NY, NJ and a few other states. What it does do is to free up conservative states to outlaw it on their soil. It's a big beginning , not the full end game.

As far as the midterms, I don't think many people will forget the financial devastation they are going through, the child grooming, the gun control, J6 show trial, the billions for Ukraine and nothing for school security.

Feedback Score

Polls still show that the majority of people are worried more about the economy than anything. When little to nothing changes on this front in the next few months, and the gas prices and inflation remain the same, this will be forgotten. At any rate, the likelihood of the Dems holding the House is pretty slim at this point, and I don't think that's going to change.

The thing that DOES worry me now is that the pro-life side will get overzealous and extreme. It WILL be a huge deal if red states do things like ban contraceptives or criminalize miscarriages...hell there was one guy (can't remember the source) who questioned whether sex should only be legal, even in marriage, for procreation.

Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink
    I was thinking same. I think the GOP would have wiped the floor with the Dems in coming elections, and this may kill that momentum. It may be some simply don't vote as they cant stand either party, some who were about to jump ship to GOP but now wont, or some motivated to get out and vote Dem due to being angry over the decision.

The Dems are already claiming this is an attack on gay Rights (same sex marriage), yada yada, and will drive that train like a $2 street walker.

Some, due to their moral/religious beliefs may not care as that's most important to them, but it may be one step for less abortions, and 2-3 steps back for the GOP, for net loss on various topics and issues.

We shall see, soon enough.
    There wasn't a massive spike in favor of the Democrats when the draft was first leaked. While it's certainly possible that some people had the "wait and see" mentality on this, one would have expected the midterms to tighten or swing in favor of the Democrats then. But the polls remained pretty steady in favor of the GOP.
    Last edited by BoringGuy45; 06-24-22 at 15:53.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast